CP Sulfur b4

A steel cp koth hydrid.

1. Freyja

aa Freyja But why?

Positive Ratings:
  2. Hoplitejoe

Hoplitejoe L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Minor thing that might be worth fixing to stop abuse: your red respawn signs are solid, worth dealing with just in case anyone decides to do some spawncamping.

I really enjoy this map, but I think there are still improvements to be made. What I see as the biggest issue with the map currently, is how easy it is for blu to cap B. The main cause of this is the fact that there isn't a single good spot to hold on B. Not only do you have to deal with people coming from Blu spawn, who already have an option to flank B from the far right route with the full ammo pack, people coming from D with the options of coming out from either side behind the point, and an A/B flank which lets you come to the point, get behind the point and get to the balcony behind the point, but you also have entrances into the water from the spawn side, A, and D, with exits from the water, again behind the point and on both sides.

With this, there is just no viable place to hold. Any place close to the point is flankable from so many places, you can't set up at all, and any places that feel holdable, such as the balcony over the point, is too far away from the point to stop it from being capped.

My personal recommendations on how to make the point holderable, would be to firstly remove the water. The water thing is already in D, and it just facilitates too many flanks on this point. I would give the A/B route only one exit, the one by the point. I would reduce the options coming from D, I guess to only the balcony side. Super good pictures to show this.

3. Freyja

aa Freyja But why?

Positive Ratings:
    a10:
    Modified the A-B connector so it can't come out behind B
    Added a temporary-fix build uber area in blue spawn
    Red respawn time when blue caps C increased
    Consolodated B routes
    Gave blue an opposite-height over C

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. frozenpandaman

frozenpandaman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Love the concept – very cool. Seem to be missing some textures – most of the floor and walls just show as "reflectivity 50%" for me (screenshot). Any suggestions?

The last point being KOTH is super inventive – excited to see this map continue to evolve! Will continue to explore and see if I can offer any further comments. Love the hot water that hurts you, too (until you cap A, that is…!) :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  5. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    Those reflectivity textures are called dev textures, they are usually what the mappers use as floors / walls / ceilings in their maps while they are still focusing on making the gameplay good. They are not missing textures, just Freyja has not artpassed (textured and added clutter props to) the map yet.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. frozenpandaman

frozenpandaman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Makes sense. :D Good to focus on gameplay first, definitely. Very impressed with that aspect of it, for sure. Thought it was something like placeholder textures, as it didn't look like maps usually do when missing textures—thanks for the clarification!

7. Freyja

aa Freyja But why?

Positive Ratings:
    b1:

Artpass
    Some stuff that I forgot because I've been detailing this for literally months

This is a beta release intended so I can start polish before the contest ends. It is not fully optimised, vis popping is very strong, and there is no HDR.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  8. Zed

aa Zed Not the one from League.

Positive Ratings:
    File is still a10.

9. Freyja

aa Freyja But why?

Positive Ratings:
  10. Lain

aa Lain Resident wrong opinion holder

Positive Ratings:
    quick feedback

this is open all the time, allowing blu to see into red spawn, even when it's active
    [​IMG]

Extremely out of place bullet block on this, makes it hard to navigate and players will misjudge it
    [​IMG]

turn off the collision on these, they are cancer to walk into when trying to get into spawn
    [​IMG]

This is also cancer, right on the point
    [​IMG]

cut off building, looks terrible, easy fix
    [​IMG]

other than that.. i love it, looks fucking amazing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    These bamboo cards are a little obvious, but not too bad
    2016-01-27_00009.jpg

And then of course, vvis glitches
    2016-01-27_00011.jpg 2016-01-27_00013.jpg

Here, I can see the temple roof 2016-01-27_00014.jpg
    but 512 units to the right and it disappears 2016-01-27_00015.jpg

Still, fucking gorgeous. Love the de_season inspiration <3

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Hoplitejoe

Positive Ratings:
    a little clipping search

pt1

pt2
    Also the map looks great!

13. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    Water on B z-fights with stairs. Also there is no life on that water what makes it look weird (means that there is no growth)

When walking up stairs here you can get stuck between steps and wall structure [​IMG]

Bomboos aren't clipped [​IMG]

Needs clipping too [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Can't walk to that rock, have to jump, clip stairs[​IMG] Water at two different levels, Valve devs can't handle this [​IMG] Stucked here (A, close to blu spawn on left) [​IMG] These things disappearer if I get too close (aka touch them)[​IMG] [​IMG] Invisible wall [​IMG] [​IMG]

E: added few

14. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    I think this might be the best feedback I've seen in a long time. Community doing what it's supposed to.

15. Hoplitejoe

Positive Ratings:
    cos it's the ez feedback at this point :playerclip:

16. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    Wait are those two levels of water actually working? One's gotta be in the 3D skybox, right?

17. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Freyja is a wizard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vel0city

aa Vel0city gluten-free lapdances

Positive Ratings:
    You can have water on 2 different levels with both being visible at the same time (as long as you can't swim between them) and it will work properly as long as it has cubemaps for reflections. When you start going into real-time reflections, then you have to proceed with caution.

Actually, all that blue colored water isn't even fully water. It lacks a bottom material. It's just a refractive texture scrolling along.

Furthermore, some feedback:

The waterfalls around A lack sound.

[​IMG]
    2 connecting water brushes that aren't the same size will produce nasty lines on the water.

[​IMG]
    Z-fighting on the stairs and the water. Also, in the top right corner, same as before: 2 connecting water brushes that aren't the same size.

[​IMG]
    Same here.

[​IMG]
    Funky reflection on resupply sign.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Vel0city

aa Vel0city gluten-free lapdances

Positive Ratings:
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention, a true truckload of models have collisions turned on but don't actually have a collision model. The console couldn't be more red if you asked it to be.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jusa

aa Jusa

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    I can stand down here, is this intentional?