Setting default texture? And proper handling of corners?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
All the new brushes get covered with your active texture, which, upon loading Hammer, will always be the very first that would show up in the texture browser without any filters.
As for corners: the 45 method is considered superior since it creates the least polygons in best case and is the cleanest, espically if you've mastered vertex editing. A usual _| joint is mostly alright as it's very editable, but it does leave more polygons.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
It was actually proven in another thread that the 45 method actually creates more sides rendering per brush on the engine and that the _| joints are superior (diagonal cuts are considered 'off the x/y grid' and won't merge with other faces) ,which annoyed me quite a lot since I use 45s!

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
I can't imagine how that would be possible, of course if we don't take into account external cuts such as 1024s. Link?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
The effect is tiny anyway. Do whatever you prefer.

However I don't see why people prefer miltered corners when it makes it harder to edit and longer to create. The only benefit is texturing marginally faster