Ritual

PL Ritual RC5

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
This halloween reskin looks pretty dope!
A few places look rather dark tho. Also what's the map's gimmic?

Lothudus

L1: Registered
Dec 13, 2021
The aim of this map was to go for a cultist, wild west themed map, with the "gimmic" of the western dimension. The western dimension is a portal to a cowboy town, long forgotten but still stenched with the scent of ghosts. The western dimension contains spells that can be transported to the real world, where you'll also receive a buff! Hopefully that explains enough

skaz_

L3: Member
Oct 12, 2018
Hi! Thanks heaps :)
Yeah there are a few dark spots on the map but I don't feel they are too dark. Just a lil spooky. I've also updated the description with an outline of the theme and mechanics. May have left out screenshots of the other dimension oop.

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Hey, I found a few visual oddities and errors I felt that should be pointed out before full release.

20220915161105_1.jpg

The transition between the wood to the metal is very, very out of place. I'd recommend changing it to a standard wood texture.
20220915161114_1.jpg

You have a seam right here in front of BLU's first spawn. Should be fixed.
20220915161155_1.jpg

General weird lighting bug I think. Should be easily fixable?
20220915161309_1.jpg

The transition between the wood textures here is very noticeable and distracting.
20220915161538_1.jpg

Weird contrast between the bottom and top of the background behind the "CONTORL POINT" sign.
20220915161735_1.jpg

This transition between textures on the buildings is very jarring and out of character for the map.
20220915161804_1.jpg

Like I said before this, I think the transition to the metal sheeting is very out of place when the rest of the map is mostly comprised of wood with the occasional metal roof. It's not bad to the point where I can't take my eyes off of it but it doesn't belong here with the rest of your palette. I think changing these buildings to simple, normal wood would make them a lot less, well, strange.
20220915161909_1.jpg

Last change, the transition to the standard Blue-ish Gray stone/metal is very strange. What does the prop (ngl I don't know the name of it) under the roof do in context of the map's area? They definitely didn't exist when the town was made.

Also: You forgot to enable(?) spellbooks. So when I load up the map, I can't use any of the spells gotten from the ghost town because the game doesn't prompt me to use the spellbook.

Overall, I think you've made a pretty solid reskin of standard Borneo, but there still is room for improvement. Please change what I've taken pictures of, I really want this to be a 10/10 Borneo reskin! I think the idea for the map is very cool :D

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
I've been looking thru the screencaps and the thing that jumps out to me most is that the fog is going to a colour that's very different to the sky, forming a bright silhouette against the sky, which is the opposite of what fog is supposed to do. It should be fading to a colour that broadly matches the sky, masking the horizon/distant elements instead of highlighting them.