Retarded Unlock System

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
Damn Valve is slow. It took 99.9% of the entire community to yell at them for an entire week before things got fixed.

The time it took to make this update is almost as sad as how long it took valve to make Youme a bent door model.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
The time it took to make this update is almost as sad as how long it took valve to make Youme a bent door model.

Actually it took us only an hour of email correspondance to sort that door out. what took the time was:
A) valve chasing up XSI
B) XSI failing to respond to valve
C) all the legal stuff couldn't be sorted in the time we had between us saying "fuck it lets just take the damn models out" and the update (which was about 2 days)

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
Seems a little silly for them to promote XSI as the premiere source modeling program when they can't even secure the legal rights for models made in it.

Yeah, what's the deal with that? Don't a lot of custom models run through XSI Mod Tool before ending up in a map anyway?

Or maybe was a student-edition XSI involved in some way?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
22.5 hours and i got 1 backburner. Which i already had. SUCKS.

After milestone achievements i got all my weapons. Shouldn't have taken as long as it did though. But what can we say? There's a reason why most of us don't play WoW.

Last edited:
May 23, 2009
Wow I've only had my own copy of the game for around 50 hours of playtime and I've already got all but two unlocks, you must be one of the people who it was really glitched for.
I'm only two medic achievements away from the KK which I acutally used to use but I haven't got any achievements for the heavy yet I don't think so I doubt I'll get a sandvich soon but thats ok since I don't really like it, I just want my kritz ubers back :(

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
Last night in a fun little bit of play I got the Razorback and Ambassador, the last two I was needing.

I still feel like it would have been more fun to earn these weapons through achievements (so long as the achievements are tied to useful tasks and based on skillful play). The problem is that you'd want all classes to be updated at once for this method so we wouldn't have a flood of one class. But that's not the best way to roll out the class updates, which need careful and focused play-testing.

At least I still get to do the achievements anyway. Working on them has turned the Scout from being a class I hated to one I rather enjoy and am getting good at.

I hope we get a double update again next time. I'll bet the Soldier's coming up really soon.

Last edited: