Dec 7, 2008
I've only played something like 4-8 hours since the update, and:

+1 Razorback
+1 Dead Ringer
+1 Natascha
+1 Backburner
+1 Blutsaugher
+1 Kritzkreig

I think that's it, all in all I feel unaffected by the patch, but I know some of you are getting frustratingly unlucky.

DoctuhD

L1: Registered
Mar 29, 2009
FYI for everyone who thinks that valve should just give people weapons off the bat, well the only real reason that valve does this is to make people play tf2 and strive for something in the game.

Apr 13, 2009
yeah...christ, im averaging 1 weapon every 4.5 hours

Same here. I got 2 in about 8-9 hours. Both of which I already had :(
(an extra blutsauger and an extra axtinguisher, good ones but too late...)

I hear the drop rate is affected by the number of players on the server, is it time to give the infamous 32 man 2forts another round ? :p

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Yeah, I'm averaging an item drop every 5 hours (idled overnight and only got two, a FAN and Natascha).

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
2 Sandviches
1 Killing Gloves of Boxing
1 Sandman
1 BONK! Energy Drink
1 Dead Ringer
1 Razorback

Certainly a more fruitful yield than some other players are getting, although I must've played at least like 18 hours since the update and I'm almost certain I'm going to need a new glasses prescription if I keep at this. :p

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
I love this system now ^^ Yesterday in 10 hours i got all new items two times ^^ Soon i won't have space in backpack...

A hint from me:

Try playing on 32 player server when its almost full..
You can try to sit in spec too or just run in spawn with +forward +left +attack1 (With this i got 7 items in hour)
Be sure to play in that server all day.. In those 10h i didn't change server.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2009
Vavle did such a good job getting rid of the achievement servers. NOT!
somuch.jpg

UFO

L2: Junior Member
May 20, 2009
I think that this system had a purpose to attract more players to the game. There is a theory that newbies get new items faster than player who play TF2 1-3 hours a day. Like that: old players won't never leave the game, they would play enough to get all (or sit on idle ;)); new player who are killed very often should think, this is bad game, I don't wanna play it; with this system new players get items when nobody else have them and think, nvm I'm killed often, I have a unique weapon/hat! But this thoery is not absolute, because there are few old players who have opened all weapons.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
3563850090_4c2c0f3bc5_b.jpg

Look in between the 2 pics.

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

* Added Sniper/Spy milestone achievements as an additional way players can get the new unlockables

* Arena Mode
o Added tf_arena_use_queue server convar. Turn this on to get the old queue behavior. Default is off
o Added tf_arena_round_time to set a timelimit on the round
* Added the userid of the player who built the teleporter to the "player_teleported" event
* Fixed player killed event causing server crash
* Fixed Spies not being telefragged when standing on an enemy teleporter exit with the Dead Ringer enabled
* Fixed attackers seeing the mini-crit particle effect for full crits if the victim has the Jarate effect enabled
* Fixed the Ambassador not doing damage to buildings
* Fixed Spies disguised as their own team not drawing blood effects
* Fixed players killed by flaming arrows not showing the appropriate death icon

Customer service, gotta love it