reinstalling tf2 breaks hammer

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
another bad pun! it dident work. the bin file is gone. :( gues il reinstall tf2. should i. that shou- wait... is the bin file the same in every sorce game. if so. then.
There is no bin file. bin is a folder, and you're looking for the .bat file. There's no reason why it should be missing if you did everything that was mentioned. Also, don't use files from other source games, they aren't supposed to work with TF2.

vulduv

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 12, 2016
i meant folder. im just a noob with computers. but should i reinstall tf2.

vulduv

Sep 12, 2016
henke37. thanks for filling my inbox with the respectfully disagree one. also. why dislike every one of them. im just HAWING A SERIUS ISUE!

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
looks like my negative view of henke37 remains unchanged

I wish i could help your further vulduv but by this point I'm not sure how. Good luck

sooshey

aa
Jan 7, 2015
i meant folder. im just a noob with computers. but should i reinstall tf2.
Feel free to reinstall TF2 but if it still doesn't work then I don't know what else it could be. But keep in mind verifying the game cache does the same final result in a much shorter amount of time.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Maybe a recent update to the game accidentally removed the bin folder from the source cache, and only people who just recently installed it are affected? Somebody with fast Internet and a spare computer should try installing a fresh copy there and see what happens.

sooshey

aa
Jan 7, 2015
I'll try it

edit: new copy of tf2 bin works perfectly. idk what the issue is then.

Last edited:

ibex

aa
Sep 1, 2013
Can you screenshot these locations?
MySrqXX.png

CuHENCO.png

Also, another thing I vaguely remember in the back of my mind is that you will have issues installing valve games between two different hard drives (honestly can't remember the particulars or if it's been fixed). You mention that your team fortress folder is in your D drive rather than C, so which drive did you install steam and/or other valve games on?

vulduv

Sep 12, 2016
here

Attachments

• there.png
    there.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 146
  • there agian!.png
    there agian!.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 135