pl_spikyhats

PL pl_spikyhats _a1d

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
Tiftid submitted a new resource:

pl_spikyhats - Use your head... Literally!

Entry into Minor Contest 4 - TFConnect. The way it uses the tree is not immediately obvious from the screenshots (except for the obligatory "tree at last"), but I promise the trees are used in a creative way that's very central to the map's gameplay.
Without going into too much detail - there are 6 very special pickups in your spawn.

I think this map is as close to perfect as a map can come, in that everything is...

Read more about this resource...

Sonoma

tf_logic_lesbian
aa
May 12, 2020
map broke

strider death sound effect played but no win, also something is up with the cart's collisions, I keep getting stuck inside it and it will push me into walls and floors

edit: upon further testing BLU can win but it seems that it can break randomly, perhaps use a fail-safe to trigger the win in the same relay that is used for the tree falling
1669837246323.png

Last edited:

Tiftid

aa
Sep 10, 2016
Tiftid updated pl_spikyhats with a new update entry:

A1A -

-The logic that disables old RED spawn pickups after a point is capped is now willing to wait until the pickup returns to disable it
-In practice this means you will no longer become unable to pick up pickups

-There are now not one, but TWO failsafes that should prevent the issue where BLU could fell the tree at D without actually winning the round

-There are a couple of extra ledges at C which might be fun

-Adjusted the payload's turning control in hopes of solving its collision issues

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tiftid

aa
Sep 10, 2016
Tiftid updated pl_spikyhats with a new update entry:

A1B - Definitive Edition

-Fixed an issue that could cause pickups to get stuck inside func_respawnroom entities and unable to be picked up - they will now simply return instead​

-Fixed an issue where there were func_respawnroom entities on the map, but they would refuse to work in some spawn rooms because their Team keyvalue was set to Any so they failed to detect any matching info_player_teamspawn​

-The payload cart will no longer rotate forward/backward -...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tiftid

aa
Sep 10, 2016

Tiftid

aa
Sep 10, 2016