pl_hoodoo [Final release]

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Yeah I'm having a few hiccups with oneway doors, they're on a slight delay so you should have time to get clear but I guess its not quite working.

Spacemonkeynz

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 31, 2008
Found a bit of a bug in stage one, you can get stuck in the the one way door leading to the platform overlooking the bridge at the final cap point.

I'm guessing the problem is the way you're activating the door from one side only, as soon as you exit the trigger the door slams shut on you. Try having one trigger on one side to open the door and another covering both sides to close it (both using On???TouchAll).

That what I did with the one-way doors in pl_cave, a trigger on one side which has OnStartTouch -> Open, and another trigger which covers both sides with OnEndTouchAll -> Close.

Works really well.

Last edited:

Spacemonkeynz

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 31, 2008
got some issues with a one way door on haywood as well :) Im gonna check out dustbowl to see how they did it.

Dustbowl only has one trigger, I couldn't figure out how they made it work so you don't get stuck.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
more
plhoodooprettystage2temm8.jpg

I expect to be finished stage 2 by the end of the weekend

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
No idea, not got around to fixing it yet (to everyone who only comes to the last page, there is new screenshots on page 15)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
yeah I don't know how valve do theirs, they are all lit smoothly and dont even have shadows disabled (but the same setting give us all horrible shadows on the ground :/)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
put _a4 on then. As long as you check here every now and then you'll know when _b1 is out

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
pfft mangy, you're solution is so....kludgey

-staticproppolys -staticproplighting -textureshadows

Those are the three extra VRAD commands you need to get proper shadows from everything, the first two are what make the trackcast proper shadows on the ground, meaning you dont have to disable it's shadows which in turn means they dont get lit stupidly.

thread about it - http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=2994

Laz

L420: High Member
Jul 5, 2008
pfft mangy, you're solution is so....kludgey

-staticproppolys -staticproplighting -textureshadows

Those are the three extra VRAD commands you need to get proper shadows from everything, the first two are what make the trackcast proper shadows on the ground, meaning you dont have to disable it's shadows which in turn means they dont get lit stupidly.

thread about it - http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=2994

I've been wondering about this too :) thanks for finding out!

map is looking awesome btw