Participate in the TF2Maps Demographics and Skills survey

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
The survey is now up! Some questions made it in, some didn't, this was a mix of the data that could be pulled as well as how long this thing would end up. I'd like to sincerely thank everyone for their help and suggestions.

Link to the survey!

Before people ask, I have avoided doing "Other" and custom inputs because this ruins the potential statistical analysis. If your opinion isn't there please select the closest appropriate answer.

Also, all questions are optional.

Vbot will also be using it as the MOTD for a solid week, to ensure enough responses are made

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Nice survey! I enjoyed filling it out. The phrasing of "so and so said this map is good, why?" Is a little weird because it depends who's asking, but other than that the questions felt good.

Mess About

L7: Fancy Member
Jan 16, 2017
"Please don't select more than one response per column"

also tbh i don't like those picture questions much, since they're all guessing, and people's opinions change rapidly

Last edited:

BigfootBeto

Party Time 2.0!
aa
Jun 8, 2016
aw man. I have to sign in? ugh. I understand it's to get legitimate answers, but still.

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
On gender it says select all that apply, but you can only select one?

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Maybe have a field for other notes, to maybe explain some things that go on in numeric fields and might not be clear, etc?

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
"Which of the following themes is your favourite"
I love Desert and hate Egypt. Both are the same option.

"What do you color your team overlays?"
First of all, you probably meant "item". Secondly, It's white for health and team colored for ammo, unless it's an attack/defend type of gamemode. There I use only red for ammo.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
First of all, you probably meant "item". Secondly, It's white for health and team colored for ammo, unless it's an attack/defend type of gamemode. There I use only red for ammo.
Guess it'd make a bit of sense to have a more flexible reply options, such as:
Ammo: Team colored / red / blue / neutral
Health: Team colored / red / blue / neutral

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
"Which of the following themes is your favourite"
I love Desert and hate Egypt. Both are the same option.

"What do you color your team overlays?"
And I think it should be blue or white for health and red for ammo in all maps, which is why the question exists :p

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I liked the sudden appearance of gender/gender preference question. I expected to see it at the beginning or not see at all.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
So, it's been a week and we hit 85 respondents.

I'm going to begin looking into data-analysis for this and get some stuff setup. HOWEVER i'd love to hit 100 respondents just so the sample size is a nice round base 10 number. So, if you've not done it, now's the last chance to!

DerpzSpycrab

L1: Registered
Jun 9, 2015
I'm actually bummed with the "fastest and most reliable way to solve a problem" question. I always use my Steam friends since they're definitely the most reliable for what I do and it's not an option.

Fantaboi

aa
Mar 11, 2013
Survey is now closed. My aim is by tonight is to have the following:

• The survey results public, via google forms (showing the averages for each result)
  • A table of all correlations/non-existing correlations, as well as an interpretation graph (including the correlation coefficient and their significance level)
  • A small table of correlations I personally thought were significant
Anyways. To kick off the releases, here's the google-form summary of the results:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15o...O2TN1CEXgj4vnQ/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm