• Center Save Changes Reset

CP Overgrown rc5a

2 CP A/D map in the jungle theme

1. Trianon

Trianon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Map has outstanding visuals, good job! I found some little bugs at the blu spawn, windows have strange inversed draw order.

Attached Files:

2. Gorgonzilla

Gorgonzilla L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Could you get a custom prop/ animation for butterflies and insects to add another little interesting feature to the map? I think it could look really nice if there were little butterflies just flapping around in the shrubbery.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Changelog:
    Overhauled lighting everywhere
    More detailing and custom assets added (to be released later)
    Large optimization pass (still more to do)
    Significant clipping pass smoothing out areas and fixing bugs
    Tons of minor visual issues fixed
    Fixed train having a payload camera on it

Thanks to everyone who took the time to provide feedback!

Need to improve optimization further. May have went overboard with occluders and made things worse in spots. Will work on it more for future versions!

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  4. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    The lighting on RC2 honestly seemed a little too dark to me.

I would also suggest maybe trying to add a path for the attacking team to reach that little area above the first point (I believe that little area has some seating) so that the non blast jumping members of the attacking team can get some high ground and has an easier time attacking any sentries setup near that point. It seems to be kinda hard to take down sentries setup near the point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    If we're hopping on the Overgrown Detail Feedback gravy train, here's a couple minor things I noticed...

[​IMG]
    It's weird that these doors have doorframes that apparently move with the door. Unless they're not actually meant to be doorframes, in which case I've been wrong for pretty much my entire life.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Red stuff in BLU spawn. (The Jimi Jam poster is debatable, but it's a glaringly red poster in comparison to everything else)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Asd417

aa Asd417 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Doesn't Snowycoast have exactly same door setup?

Talking about the red objects, the red coat hang in the blu spawn makes no sense.

7. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Haven't played Snowycoast in ages so idk

8. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Fully agree, I already did this for RC3 after last night's test:
    [​IMG]
    And yeah we're going to bump the ambient up a bit. Part of the problem it's that the map uses so many dark colors, it's hard to get any good light bounces.

As for red stuff in Blu spawn, I don't think it's an issue. I feel like people stick to one color way too much in those situations. If you are predominantly using the wrong color, sure it's going to look wrong, but a few color pops here and there isn't a bad thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    It did, but I fixed it when the same issue was pointed out and now I'm paranoid about the doorframes whenever I use the textures, lol.

I think instead of making it a mini-jump routine, just add a couple more props there and clip/block bullets it into a proper ramp. Or put an actual set of stairs. Used to love adding little jump things like this to my maps, but I'm finding more and more that players really prefer ramps.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    Instead of putting a thing there for blu access, maybe do something with the umbrella area. I always liked rocket jumping off the blu umbrella to get up to that area but maybe you could add another umbrella so other classes could just jump across the gap.

11. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Changelog:
    Added crates so Blu can get to the upper balcony behind the sentry nest spot on first. This should help balance a really strong hold out better.
    Overhauled env lighting completely
    Tweaked lighting all over the map to reduce dark spots/ improve dynamics
    Reduced occluder usage and did a further optimization pass on the map
    Lightmap optimization/ beautification pass (reduced unpacked filesize by 10mb)
    Reduced capture time on first very slightly
    More minor bugs/ visual glitches fixed

• Like Like x 3
  12. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Holy shit, dude. This is the best collection of custom props I've seen in a map since Mann Manor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    Did a little run about, just a few minor things that could do with a look at

20170712165416_1.jpg This staircase could do with a light above it to highlight the depth, I ran past it originally (I tend to ignore signs)

20170712170256_1.jpg
    Having tiles be flat is a little odd, this could easily be a wooden bridge texture with some railings.

20170712170303_1.jpg This pillar looks a little flat and that stretched texture on the wall behind and to the left of it is troubling

20170712170315_1.jpg
    These seats have odd collisions
    20170712170323_1.jpg
    Along this seam you can hoverwalk, it also tends to stop all momentum

20170712170351_1.jpg
    The high ground in here looks really weird given its flat nature. Could do with a little trim?

20170712170412_1.jpg You can get stuck in this rock gap outside Blu spawn

20170712170627_1.jpg
    Its probably nit-picky, but given the height, shape and colour of this flower at a glance it could be confused for a red spy. Just rotate it closer to the rocks

Those are the things that jumped out at me. It's a gorgeous map, well done!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    I really don't like the look of that roof tile texture. Too washed out and flat looking.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Dropped in on the test this evening and here are some observations:

[​IMG]

These stairs appear to be double-sized, which I'm guessing is why the bottom one is smaller than the rest.

[​IMG]

You've mistaken the doorframe for part of the door, here, as so many have before you. Also the reflection in that window looks awfully bright, possibly the result of using a cubemap that's elsewhere.

[​IMG]

These plates are awfully low-poly considering they're just simple cylinders. It's especially unnecessary given that this is the spawn room; you can afford to pig out on detail here. Same with the bar stools (not pictured), which I think might be the ones from Watergate? But if not, yeah, need more polys. On a related note, that sink seems too shallow but maybe I'm just used to the sinks in home kitchens which are meant to hold dish tubs.

[​IMG]

The bottom step here is also half-sized, suggesting one of the floors is off-grid.

[​IMG]

I guess these doors are a stock prop from Kong King? Because, again you've got double doors with a frame in between them but also the handles are both on the same side.

One last general thought: Switching to the shiny floors from Mann Manor would class up those restaurant/bar rooms a fair bit. Alternatively, Timberghost made a less rough looking wood-floor texture ages ago that I reskinned in various colors; you might want to try those on for size. (Not the shiny versions, though; I didn't know what I was doing and they look a lot worse than I had expected and I'm going to re-up the pack with them removed as soon as I'm back on Windows.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  16. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Changelog:
    Oops that box didn't have collision
    Fixed the box that didn't have collision
    That box sucked
    Jerk-ass box*
    No one likes you anyway
    Bitch
    Did some more optimization, like I do.
    Fixed some clipping issues, like I do.
    Ruined some sightlines for OP Sniper mains, like I do.
    Did I mention the box? Fuck that box. (that's what she said)

*ass-box

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Changelog:
    Adjusted the clipping around the managers chair in Blu spawn
    Added second route coming out of Blu's forward spawn
    Reduced clipping around trees to allow more freedom to jump around them
    Got rid of almost all of the vphysics console spam (two left, damn you!)
    Adjusted lighting in a few places
    Significantly more optimization (more fades, more hints, areaportal windows added, detail sprites reduced, unnecessary props removed)
    More lightmap optimization/ adjustments
    More clipping
    Overall general polish pass, making things consistent
    Apparently put a nodraw face on something that I'll have to fix later :|

[​IMG]
    THE FUCK IS THIS A:OSIHDJF:SKLDJ

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. jakesname

jakesname L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey Crash, Not sure if you care about this, but I was bored on a car ride and made a few nav meshes for bots (rather, I used nav_generate and fixed the million mistakes that the command makes because it sucks at making navmeshes). If you want it, here it is: https://goo.gl/1Mt32S. I really don't mind if you don't care about it, it doesn't take that long. If you find the bots doing anything stupid with the navmesh, I'll fix it.

19. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Changelog:
    Replaced that roof material everyone has been complaining about since we reartpassed with a new one, SURPRISE
    Tweaked some timings slightly
    Fixed a bunch of visual bugs
    Fixed a bunch of clipping issues/ exploits
    Did some other stuff, I forget

• Like Like x 5
  20. KubeKing

aa KubeKing Daniel's Same Base

Positive Ratings:
    I might be the only person who really liked that roof texture, huh.

I even got some heat for using the texture in Province. Now the texture is gone from the only two maps to feature it. RIP