[Official] TF2, Source, + Steam on Mac!

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Yeah the apple mouses are really bad for gaming. But a regular 2 button mouse is like, $20.

The problem I found playing CoD4 was that if you had your finger resting on the left mouse button and pressed down on the right, it'd count as a left click and vice versa. Very annoying.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I like the interface :(

And Meerkat, what did I say about NOT turning this into a mac vs pc debate. By posting that link you definately wern't paying attention to that.

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
I was paying attention. I just had to make that point, anyway. Well I suppose if someone accidentally made the mistake of buying a Mac, there's no reason to force them to buy a PC just to play (good) games.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Oh hey! It's that Saxton Hale comic!

mailstorm.jpg

Wait a second...

dox9ar.png

OH MY

35bfokw.png

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Apple Mac's are simply going through the same process the PC went through 15 years ago. When they came out of professional industries and into the hands of "little people".

Sure, as it is a £349 bundle latop running open source software can achieve the same thing a £1200 Mac can do with an additional £500 for the compatable branded tools. But give the Mac 3~5 more years to catch up the social ladder then they will be more economical for home use.

If Mac's got more of the kind of support from other areas and industries, such as what Valve are now doing here with STEAM and their games, it would be more socially viable to use a Mac.

Angry_Ed

L1: Registered
May 25, 2009
Despite my own misgivings about Apple and their practices I do have to say it's cool that Valve is going to have it so that Mac and PC users can play against each other in multiplayer.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The problem I found playing CoD4 was that if you had your finger resting on the left mouse button and pressed down on the right, it'd count as a left click and vice versa. Very annoying.

Wait, "and vice versa"? How the heck does that work? Aren't you just pressing the single button with both fingers touching either way? I can't imagine it being able to tell the difference.

Anyway, I could see Apple caving and creating a "gaming mouse" of their own if this becomes a trend. With real buttons and a central, clickable touch pad that still scrolls four ways. And a price tag of $100. :p

General_Norris

L2: Junior Member
Nov 16, 2009
Oh hey! It's that Saxton Hale comic!

mailstorm.jpg

Wait a second...

dox9ar.png

OH MY

35bfokw.png

Very much so. This is Valve what we are talking about. Are they releasing it? Nop, not now, they will wait so as to not get Portal 2 caught in the middle of this. But yes, it's a very obvious reference.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Wait, "and vice versa"? How the heck does that work? Aren't you just pressing the single button with both fingers touching either way? I can't imagine it being able to tell the difference.

Anyway, I could see Apple caving and creating a "gaming mouse" of their own if this becomes a trend. With real buttons and a central, clickable touch pad that still scrolls four ways. And a price tag of $100. :p

The apple mouse has one button, which does different things when you press on the right and left side. The only reason the joke thingy about mac's only having one button is cause people dont check the settings for the "Use 2 mouse buttons" checkbox

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The apple mouse has one button, which does different things when you press on the right and left side. The only reason the joke thingy about mac's only having one button is cause people dont check the settings for the "Use 2 mouse buttons" checkbox

That's a more recent addition anyway. Classic Mac mouses don't have that function. They don't even have the "scrolly ball" in the middle either. Which reminded me of the track ball mouse:

cordless-trackman-mouse.jpg

God damn those things kane your thumb after just 10 minutes.

eyefork

L3: Member
Oct 27, 2008

Secondary click only became available with the mighty mouse. Ye olde "true" one-button mouse does exist. We had to use them in a video journalism class.

3cdC8.jpg

:(