[Official] TF2, Source, + Steam on Mac!

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Hell, I'm excited. Would mean I don't have to boot into Windows anymore, plus would have the advantage of being able to use the native video card drivers for my machine, most likely leading to a performance increase.

Apr 19, 2009
assembly. assembly. assembly.
emot-regd08.gif

But to be honest flame the joke is really starting to get old and its only you and Selentic at this point so its not like anyone finds it funny at all.

Last edited:

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Besides that mac sucks, these are really great news, i hope valve will find many new costumers with this :)

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Mac doesn't suck, and lets not let this turn into a mac vs pc. Please.

It's great news. Valve has always been an awesome company and their games already port to mac without much difficulty.
I'll be sort of happy because my friends who only have macs can play tf2 again.

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
Yah i agreed i love Macs i would buy them if they were cheaper

Jan 20, 2010
Yah i agreed i love Macs i would buy them if they were cheaper

glorifiedossayswhat?

I'm just excited that I can play with friends who only own Macs. I know quite a lot of them, I'm just hoping that when they release this that they let people who already own the Windows version of the game DL the Mac version because essentially they already own it. (OSes are not like consoles >:|)

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
This is indeed good news.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Now I just need to get off my duff and make sure I have a new version of PackBSP ready for the announcement, so I can be like: "Mah SDK tool done works onna' wunna them slick boxy things!*"

I sure hope so.
then I can mapp while I'm supposed to be working
That's what the Mac remote-desktop client is for :p (Well, with a fast internet connection...)

*Although I'd need to either break the dependency on hllib or use a mac port instead...

Last edited: