[Official] TF2, Source, + Steam on Mac!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
its widely known that the tf2 team was greatly involved with l4d. hence the delays in class updates last year.

More to the point: Any member of valve that isn't directly working on portal 2's release or Episode 3's release is a wasted member of valve.

Yes that means I want Episode 3 before the next class pack

Feb 14, 2008
More to the point: Any member of valve that isn't directly working on portal 2's release or Episode 3's release is a wasted member of valve.

Yes that means I want Episode 3 before the next class pack

:lol:

Never gonna happen!

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I love Valve.

No seriosuly, I LOVE valve.

Left 4 dead 2 and TF2 on mac.

I -LOVE- Valve.

I don't have to rebuy all my games.

I want Valve's babies.

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
"I have your brain scanned and permanently backed up in case something terrible happens to you... which it's just about to. Don't believe me? Here. I'll put you on.Val-alve! That's you! That's how dumb you sound! You've been wrong about every single thing you've ever done, including this thing. You're not smart. You're not a scientist. You're not a doctor. You're not even a full-time Valve employee. Where did your life go so wrong?"

Jan 20, 2010
Oh, lookie thar, valve. I think we kinda knew this was going to be true, but it's nice to know it officially. My mac friends are freaking out. It's kinda funny to see a group of people so giddy like this.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Now I just wish Source were a more popular engine for third party devs, so this would mean they could easily port all their games over.

Come to think of it, what are the big licensed engines? The only one I can think of is Unreal, which is also cross-platform, and I don't think it's been used much for native Mac ports.

Aug 10, 2009
Furthermore, Mac and Windows players will be part of the same multiplayer universe, sharing servers, lobbies, and so forth. We fully support a heterogeneous mix of servers and clients. The first Mac Steam client will be the new generation currently in beta testing on Windows.”

:O

And um.. Unreal? and... Source? :S

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I just had a great idea: You know how Macs have those fancy mice that let you scroll left and right and squeeze them but you still can't click M1 while holding M2 and vice-versa? They should map M2 to the squeeze by default and let you use horizontal scrolling to select buildings and disguises. (This is just in TF2 of course.)

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I had a better idea: buy a decent mouse with at least two buttons. It's more likely to happen than an apple mouse with the ability to press the left and right mouse button.

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
This is good news. A couple of my good friends own macs and I've been pestering them to get TF2 for a good while now.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Apple "Mighty Mouse" = Crap. Never found one that didn't eventually lose the ability to scroll.

Spammish

L3: Member
Jan 2, 2010
Ye, I never saw the reason to get one from what I've heard, I decided to get a VX Revolution for my Macbook so I didn't have to use the trackpad and it's a great mouse that I can use on PC and Mac. What are the claimed advantages of the apple mice?