CTF Nuclide RC6

Isotope 2: Electric Boogaloo

1. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
    The compiler will automatically nodraw most textures it deems as not being visible, so there's no need to nodraw all non-visible surfaces in most instances.

Not much I can do about this, i've tried to get the correct lighting and textures but seamless transitions are pretty difficult. I'll see what I can do in future but it probably won't be much

...what?

This area is clipped due to the complex props here, if it was unclipped players could get easily stuck.

again... what?

???

I appreciate the feedback but a lot of this is really confusing. Also; you've attached images but not actually put them into any context, so I need to try and match them to what you're trying to say and i'm pretty sure i've got some of them wrong because of this.

2. r0nii

r0nii L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    i messy by my own ok? i can make it less messy but this would take me way longer to write. i hoped atleast you guys will get what i mean or where i mean.

3. r0nii

Positive Ratings:
    would be cool but this isnt needed if you can't really do much about it. and... sew doesnt work?

the walls are cliped and players can't get really next to them because the clips block touching them.
    you made the wall bigger than it really is. better make triangles to smooth there where is should and not smooth what is already smoothed. i made two screenshot of whole clip wall and triangle wall. i hope you will get what i mean.

i mean those feedbacks are just junks that can be fixed.
    then i said pls fix the prop and i mean the fences because that annoying when you see two props that just bugs themself because they in each other.

i told you since start. well i will say my story to explain what i mean here.
    when we was testing you map then idk how but i remembered somehow an image that was in the enemy base. so i tried to recreate it for my map too but i wasnt able to fix the image entity. i downloaded your map and turned it into vmf to be able to find the entity what i trying to find. i didnt found anything. i tried to find it on wiki but nothing. i was searching every entity in hammer but also i found nothing.
    I was searching for nothing and at the end when i was already on your map and i found this annoying fence then i came up with idea to help you by giving you as many feedbacks as possible.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Narpas

aa Narpas Takes way to long to make and update maps

Positive Ratings:
    Apologies if this comes off as harsh, but if you aren't going to take the time to make yourself clear and concise, then why should we take the time to listen to you? You pride yourself on taking so much time to develop a map, and yet complain about taking the time to make sure people actually understand what you're saying, and if what you're saying is wanted. If you want to be taken seriously, then you better start acting seriously lest you be dismissed as someone who won't amount to much. I generally have a rule that I don't speak up unless I think the conversation would benefit from me doing so; if what you have to say has no meaning, then why say it at all? Also, general rule of forum etiquette, but double posting (that is, posting two posts in a row with no replies from other people in between) is generally frowned upon, as it adds unnecessary clutter.

Keep in mind that I am not attacking you, and I have no personal qualms against you; this is a community based around criticism and the betterment of ones self, and I am merely criticizing your actions, in particular failing to listen to others. I would not be surprised if some of this is new information for you, and I am not holding you responsible for not knowing, but it is better to learn what mistakes you're committing early on and take steps to correct them than to continue suffering from them later on down the line. It may hurt now, but it'll make the future much easier for you.

(Apologies to Star and Sandwhip for continuing to derail the thread; if this discussion continues, I'll make efforts to move it elsewhere)

5. r0nii

Positive Ratings:
    ok you true i shouldn't post few messages in row.
    about understandable message ok sorry i wrote unclean and i may should take little more time to make it clear but my problem is..
    when i doing something good then i trying to make it even better and that takes me actualy more than you think. my message should take me almost whole day if i would really make it clean.
    and i also apologize for unclear and bad english.

now i think we done with this theme are we? pls i don't wanna continue.
    and when should we then pls not here.

6. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
    • Added additional detailing to blue-side skybox
    • Clipping improvements
    • Minor detail improvements
    • Added radius heal to flag, simliar to what's seen in PD.
    • Removed damage resistance from flag carrier
    • Bug fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
  8. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
  9. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
    I'd been thinking about doing an update for a while, and now i've finally gotten around to it. Enjoy!

• Removed elevator deathpits.
    While these were pretty fun, they turned the underground route from a sneaky flank into last into a claustrophobic, rather dangerous route. With these deathpits removed it should be a bit safer to move through.

• Replaced ramp from 'underground > last' with a jumppad.
    The ramp itself was rather steep, and made it so a sniper could hide himself well, while having a sightline onto both spawn exits. Changing this ramp to a jumppad creates new interesting gameplay strategies, while also solving the aforementioned problem.

• Changed blue's pool room from a cave to an indoor space.
    The asymmetrical detail of blue's room being in a cave was cool, but since the cave itself was using hydro textures, it created a warm, reddish colour palette which was confusing seeing as how it was a room in blue territory. It now looks a lot more similar to red's room, but with enough of its own detailing to look distinct.

• Added some extra detailing to the capture pit.
    Previously, the pit was just that, a pit. Now it's got a little something at the bottom so it's not too boring, and also adding a bit of storytelling.

• New custom particles.
    I've made some new particles for both 'pool' deathpits, as well as the capture pit, and the vents in blue's new pool room.

• Minor clipping fixes
    • Minor audio fixes
    • Lighting improvements
    • Brushwork cleanup
    • Lowered file size
    • Decluttered some areas

• Like Like x 1
  10. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
  12. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
    Wow I'm really doing one of these each day huh?
    • Redid Red's OOB area near the main base entrance
    This area has suffered from a funky lighting issue for a while, so why not just remake it? So I did that. It's now also in 'map space' now, rather than the skybox. I may also do this for blue side later on, but probably not.

• Revamped the route from pool > last
    This route was often unused apart from occasional flankers, so hopefully these changes make it a more enticing route to push through. The route from the boiler room into last lobby has been removed, to focus more on the route from pool > last, and the health + ammo in pool has been removed, though the boiler room now has a full health kit to make up for it.

• Revamped the route from garage > office
    Previously this small route was awkward to look at, and navigate, so this should be a substantial improvement. A medium ammo pack has been added to encourage engineers to set up a forward hold there, but the medium health pack in office has been moved back slightly.

• Removed the full ammo pack in lobby
    • Several texture fixes
    • Several lighting fixes
    • Several clipping fixes
    • Minor particle adjustments
    • Minor detail fixes
    • Frog?
    Next update is likely to be smaller than the last two.

• Like Like x 1
  13. QualityC

QualityC L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    alright so i just played a full match on rc3 a few minutes ago and theres 2 major issues we had with it
    1) for some reason it was fullbright, idk whats up with that but pls fix (unless it already is)
    2) the fact that the team with more points wins after the timer is up, you dont get overtime from holding the flag while the timer runs out and capping gives so little time makes it so that defending after getting 1 cap is pretty much the best option to win, so if you could extend the time gained from cap, add overtime if you are holding the flag while the timer is over and/or make it stalemate unless all 3 caps are gotten that would be very nice

14. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
    A few minutes ago? Last time this was tested was a day ago.

1: This was fixed when I recompiled with LDR
    2: This was the case for my previous invade ctf map, Isotope, and if I learned one thing from that, it's that infinite overtime and frequent stalemates really really suck. It's not fun at all. Noone wants to do a back-and-forth with the flag for 20 minutes after the round timer ends. Overtime works in gamemodes like cp and payload because points are generally captured/defended pretty quickly, but it's very easy to just hold onto the flag, so overtime can last for a very very long time in this mode. I could extend the time gained per cap but 10 minutes is about how long people can stay engaged in a round before it devolves into deathmatch. Defending after one cap is the best option, yeah, but it also gives the defenders the disadvantage of having the flag deep in their own territory. All the other team needs to do is kill the flag carrier and they've practically got a free cap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
    Might be starting work on... something related to this.
    So, to all those who have played Nuclide:
    • What is your favorite area of the map?
    • What is your least favorite area of the map?
    • Do you think last is too hard to push into?
    • Is mid a good size, or would you prefer it to be bigger?
    • Can you think of any other issues/problems with the map? (Layout, logic, etc)
    I would be very grateful if you could answer honestly and in as much detail as possible!

16. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings:
    Back at it again with the Nuclide updates

• Added new route into last
    This new route is (from the defender's perspective) to the left of the capture pit, and provides attackers a relatively safe area to prepare an attack and take out several of the strongest sentry spots. However, this route is accessed via a short vent route (that connects the upstairs office, new route, and the jumppad) that is quite tight and is easy to defend.

This should shift the balance of last significantly, hopefully towards the attacker's favor, but it's yet to be seen.
    • Minor detail changes
    • Bug fixes
    • More frogs

17. nesman

aa nesman master of fast travel

Positive Ratings:
    MORE???

18. Suna

aa Suna

Positive Ratings: