My payload won't go into the hole

Oct 6, 2008
Yep - you read the title correctly, my prop won't fall into the hole 8 out of 10 times.

A quick rundown - think I have 90% of it right.

I'm using a func_tracktrain, called the_payload_train.
the prop is
Prop_Payload and is parented to the_the_payload_train and is a prop_physics_override

everything works well, fantastic even

until you get to the last path_track_node

When it reaches this point I break the phys_constraint, and the expected behaviour is for the payload to fall into the hole (like it does on other maps) but 8/10 times the payload model will go flying off in some completely random direction and I have no idea why this is happening.

I've even tried to increase the mass of the load using an onpass command at the but it still doesn't help. So my payload just sits around somewhere and can't trigger the final explosion causing everyone to just stand around wondering what to do.

I'm not sure that it it is the coding or the model (custom) as I have used the same coding in other maps where it works so I'm thinking it's the interaction of the model, the break, maybe where the pressure breaks and based upon that breaking point, the model files off in the opposite direction from that point.

In the meantime I'm using a scripted ending via the use of a teleporter sequence - has worked on two previous maps.

Any ideas on how to get it to work right? It's far easier to get prop into the hole correctly instead of haveing to trigger a scripted sequence. What's your sequence of events? i.e. onpass trigger ...then do this...

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
I am guessing the prop physics is flying away because it is slightly intersecting the ground when the constraint is broken. Try moving the final path_track up a bit.

Oct 6, 2008
thanks I'll give it a shot

Oct 6, 2008
I tried putting the last node further out over the pit so the payload should drop but it still goes flying. As for fuel I have a triggered ending with at least 5 booms :)