Meet Your Map: Beater's Competitive Mapmaking Challenge!

Beater

L1: Registered
Nov 25, 2017
The tournament has finished and I have contacted a ton of people and asked them to rank the maps from best to worst like this:

1. Best
2. Second
3. Worst

I then added together each map's score, giving the best map 1 point, the second map 2 points and the worst map 3 points, and the map with the least amount of points is the winning map.

As a reminder, the prizes are as follows:

• First place: 130€ and a SVIFT hoodie
  • Second and third place: 35€

The voting was pretty close, with each map getting 41, 46 and 50 points respectively. So, without further ado, the final ranking of the maps for the Meet Your Map map making competition are as follows

1. Cardinal made by Phi with 41 points
  2. Synthetic made by MegapiemanPHD with 46 points
  3. Propaganda made by Quantum with 50 points
Big congratulations to Phi for winning the competition and a huge shout out to everyone who participated! Seeing your maps change and grow as they were being tested was a great experience and something which the competitive scene could use a lot more of. So please don't scrap your maps now that the competition is over. Keep improving them and work together with the 6s community to get them tested. We're always looking for the next great map.

I will contact the winners on steam to arrange payment of your prize money, although because I made a slight miscalculation I don't quite have enough funds in my paypal wallet to pay out all the money currently, so 2nd and 3rd place will have to wait until I get some money added to paypal, which will probably take a week or so.

Questions and comments? Now is the time, since I probably won't check these forums too often after today

Quantum

L3: Member
Mar 31, 2016
Just wanted to say thanks for putting in the work to run this competition. It has given my map quite a bit of exposure, which is honestly more than I expected. Also, congrats to phi and MegapiemanPHD for making some killer maps.

Last edited:

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
Congrats to everyone in the competition. It was a really fun experience and I've never had a project go as well as Synthetic. Big props to Phi for Cardinal, that map is great and when I saw Phi made it to the top 3 I knew they would be tough to beat. I plan on continuing development on Synthetic and perhaps it may finally be my first map to hit RC and that I put up on the Steam Workshop.