Jungle Inferno

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
My game crashes when I try to quit. At least on Windows; haven't tried the Linux version yet.

Aug 30, 2015
My game crashes when I try to quit. At least on Windows; haven't tried the Linux version yet.

Quitting sometimes hard locks my computer when I quit, but it has been doing so long before the update

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
So far it's happened to me every time.

Also, is Miss Pauling just going to keep nagging me forever unless I accept all of her dumb contracts?

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
20171021194437_1.jpg
20171021194754_1.jpg
Found a space underneath the second point in the mercenary park map. It doesn't appear to be used or connected to the main section of the map in any way. Maybe it was meant to be used as an out-of-bounds area beneath the point, but they changed their minds and forgot to delete this. Or perhaps they're still working on this and will make use of it later.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Reminds me of the out of bounds area underneath Gorge's final point.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Something appears to be wrong with bots since this update.

Local server, start map, add bots... and 1/2 of them suicide before they reach the spawn exits. Constantly. Throughout the game.

Was hoping to get some weapon testing in.

[Rx.] Christian Troy

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 23, 2017
Something appears to be wrong with bots since this update.

Local server, start map, add bots... and 1/2 of them suicide before they reach the spawn exits. Constantly. Throughout the game.

Was hoping to get some weapon testing in.

I'm having the same problem on my dedicated servers. They don't die everytime though, about every other respawn.

Dec 28, 2014
I've only been playing on the Jungle Inferno maps so far since the update shipped but probably 80-90% of the people in the servers I play in bought the campaign pass which is great news for the community map makers who got maps in this update. I'll have to try some regular maps to see if the % of people with the Yeti badges is as high as on the jungle maps.

20171021194437_1.jpg
20171021194754_1.jpg
Found a space underneath the second point in the mercenary park map. It doesn't appear to be used or connected to the main section of the map in any way. Maybe it was meant to be used as an out-of-bounds area beneath the point, but they changed their minds and forgot to delete this. Or perhaps they're still working on this and will make use of it later.

Speaking of Mercenary Park there's actually a spot I noticed where the Health and Ammo kit that don't respawn after you pick them up (it's between the first Blu spawn and the first point)
L3s8H2e.jpg

I made a bug report on Valve's git hub so hopefully it's fixed in the next update.

[Rx.] Christian Troy

Jan 23, 2017
Found another bug with the bots. Not all are rejoining the game when a player leaves the server even though it is set to do that. This getting frustrating.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Speaking of Mercenary Park there's actually a spot I noticed where the Health and Ammo kit that don't respawn after you pick them up (it's between the first Blu spawn and the first point)

I made a bug report on Valve's git hub so hopefully it's fixed in the next update.

This isn't a bug. They're disabled when the first point is capped intentionally. For some reason.

Spartykins

L1: Registered
Feb 10, 2017
Heh. "Willing".

But seriously, does it spawn the crocs? Kill players? Trigger the custom death animation+camera? Setup the custom the killfeed icon?

Seems to be a fancy trigger_hurt that gibs the player and spawns a moving crocodile model where the player died.

*edit*

It also seems as if the top of the brush needs to be at 64 units above whatever body of water (or pit) you're using for the splashes and stuff to line up correctly.

*edit edit*

So after further experimenting, it's seems you will only be killed by this entity if you stay within the volume for around a second or so, not sure on the exact timing, but it is possible to escape if you're fast enough.

Last edited:

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
I'm having the same problem on my dedicated servers. They don't die everytime though, about every other respawn.
I've had the same problem on my listen servers. I hope this means Valve is tweaking the bot AI to make it smarter, and this was an unintended side-effect, but who knows. For me, it first happened when I wanted to test the new weapons, so I spawned a single TFbot. It was a medic, and it didn't suicide. I decided I wanted it to be a pyro instead, so I forced it to respawn as one and it got caught in the suicide loop. I removed the class restriction and it immediately respawned as a medic, without suiciding. At first, I thought maybe it was a class-specific bug. The other interesting thing I noticed is that before the update, if a bot found itself alone on a team, it usually picked scout, so medic was an odd choice, especially since medic bots usually do nothing without a teammate.

Later, I decided I wanted to screw around on a full server of bots (because Casual has hella too many pyros and most community servers would probably be similar). At the start of each round, ~half of each team would suicide. This would stop after 2-3 respawns, and it didn't seem to be class-specific.

Found another bug with the bots. Not all are rejoining the game when a player leaves the server even though it is set to do that. This getting frustrating.
tf_bot_quota_mode fill, or some other method?

Erk

erk
aa
Aug 6, 2016
They made them TOO smart. They become self aware shortly after spawning, realize they're trapped in the TF2 universe, and suicide.
They release the only players their gonna play against are Pyros.

Endless waves of Pyros.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Seems like the Gunslinger contract (Defense Weapons 2), one of the bonus objectives. The sentry kills give 2 CP each, but do not count towards the bonus objective making it impossible to fully complete.

[Rx.] Christian Troy

Jan 23, 2017
tf_bot_quota_mode fill, or some other method?

Got that set already along with tf_bot_join_after_player 0 (Sets it so bots are there even if no humans are). Odd thing is they will fill empty slots after a round ends and new one starts. But won't fill an empty slot when someone leaves. I think it's time I have a look at the plugins as well.

EDIT: It was the GiveBotsWeapons plugin giving me grief on bots rejoining the game. It allows bots to choose more than just stock weapons to use. It's removed for now while the author works on updating it. The bots still kill themselves every so often which isn't too bad still.

Last edited:

Powerlord

L3: Member
May 8, 2010
Got that set already along with tf_bot_join_after_player 0 (Sets it so bots are there even if no humans are). Odd thing is they will fill empty slots after a round ends and new one starts. But won't fill an empty slot when someone leaves. I think it's time I have a look at the plugins as well.

EDIT: It was the GiveBotsWeapons plugin giving me grief on bots rejoining the game. It allows bots to choose more than just stock weapons to use. It's removed for now while the author works on updating it. The bots still kill themselves every so often which isn't too bad still.
Actually, if you've ever hung around the AlliedModders forum, the first step in troubleshooting that people will tell you is to disable any plugins that might be related.

On a side note, you'll have server issues if you are running older version of the Connect extension or SteamTools extension.

Mar 23, 2013
This isn't a bug. They're disabled when the first point is capped intentionally. For some reason.

I found this irritating. After we capped the first point, I was waiting for a med kit to respawn and it took me a while to realize it will never come. I'm wondering if it was done to save resources, but I can't imagine pick ups taking a lot of resources...