Jungle Inferno

Powerlord

L3: Member
May 8, 2010
Never in my life, have I seen a casual lobby of only pyros...
THREE TIMES IN A ROW!
Well, yeah. Everyone wants to get the new weapons and then everyone will want to try the new weapons they just got.

Also, you apparently need to get 4 stars to even start the contract for the Heavy's Banana.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
"Fixed bottle, Scottish Handshake and Neon Annihilator not having their models break on crits''

REJOICE!
Remember how we all thought that was on purpose so people wouldn't think the bottle did more damage when it was broken?

Also, I wonder if the Neon Annihilator thing just involves the light going out. Because one team's skin (I forget which) glowed and the other didn't and I always suspected that was a bug.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Assets from the new map, as usual. The only time anything changes in Hammer is when they add a new game mode or holiday gimmick.
Ran around Mercenary Park. Not sure how I feel about the artpass (color scheme feels off, lighting and some detailing feels rushed but are more easily fixed), though I'm always happy to have more assets.
Yeah, the texture resolutions and polycounts on the new stuff is comically small. Like, one of them literally just looks like a reskin of the big white pipes we've always had, but the endcaps have half the polys at most. And the welcome center sign is just an overlay with painted-on shadows, not to mention the obvious low-poly curved wall it's on. I'd bet money this wasn't worked on by the same people who made the artpass for Asteroid.

suber36g

Jan 20, 2017
cp_mercenarypark0000.jpg

who knew that a short video made from boredom would be add to Valve's official map...

Dec 28, 2014
I think that's a spray....

Yeah it's almost certainly a spray, you can see sprays on Valve servers as long as the spray is already on your hard drive.

I'm honestly kinda surprised we didn't see paid for sprays that work on Valve servers with this update like CSGO has, maybe they though War Paints were enough for this update.

Coding Ethan

L2: Junior Member
Oct 12, 2014
Yeah it's almost certainly a spray, you can see sprays on Valve servers as long as the spray is already on your hard drive.

I'm honestly kinda surprised we didn't see paid for sprays that work on Valve servers with this update like CSGO has, maybe they though War Paints were enough for this update.
With the update taking over a year, I think they wanted to avoid as much community backlash as possible.

PossessedInkieShark

Mar 27, 2015
I'm just annoyed that valve removed Pyro's base afterburn immunity and didn't have the balls to put it in the patch notes (Flareguns, Dragon's Fury and the Flamethrower ignite Pyro for 1-2 seconds opposed to the 1tick it was before) also the thermal thruster doesn't state it's huge weapon switch penalty in its description

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Heh. "Willing".

But seriously, does it spawn the crocs? Kill players? Trigger the custom death animation+camera? Setup the custom the killfeed icon?

I dinne ken

Has currently had enough
aa
Apr 16, 2016
Heh. "Willing".

But seriously, does it spawn the crocs? Kill players? Trigger the custom death animation+camera? Setup the custom the killfeed icon?

Place one down and find out! Or decompile the map and find out what they do that way.