I got a strange bug

Qbus

L1: Registered
Nov 2, 2017
every time when I compile, I get this stupid error
DjKdbWA.png

https://pastebin.com/Mt2BQwX3 <-- compile log.

can somebody help me beacose my backup is from 10h ago (I was 10h busy creating my map...)

ϺΞΤЯΘΉλϺ

L3: Member
May 8, 2017
well I'm no expert but I guess its something to do with your brush that's func try going to it by searching it with the number and make sure it isn't anything it cant be ( I belive but not 100% sure)

Qbus

Nov 2, 2017
How can I find that entity? my map is huge.

Last edited:

ϺΞΤЯΘΉλϺ

May 8, 2017
I don't rember where esactly but there's a brush entity search where you put the code in it takes you to the brush, search in the tabs to see if there's a brush entity thing

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
If you're spawning models somehow, like gibs from a func_breakable, you need to put them somewhere in your map as a prop_dynamic so the game loads them when the map loads. You can just hide them somewhere.

Qbus

Nov 2, 2017
nice got +200 func_breakables
coz it's a jb map...
but thank you all for trying to help me.
will try this later

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
If you're spawning models somehow, like gibs from a func_breakable, you need to put them somewhere in your map as a prop_dynamic so the game loads them when the map loads. You can just hide them somewhere.
quicky tip: use "Start Disabled" on the prop_dyn, then it can be placed anywhere and doesn't matter

Qbus

Nov 2, 2017
the problem is that I didn't place any prop in a while. Like not for a month. beacose it's a minecraft map.
but i'm still searching for that stupid func breakable...

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
The number is the brush id. As such the go to brush id command should work.

Benoist3012

Dec 25, 2015
This ^ and use a logic_auto to kill these "precache" entities so you don't waste edicts.

Qbus

Nov 2, 2017
killing with logic auto didn't work for me.
when I add the *1000 to my logic auto and i click to select the brush then almost every door is getting selected. strange coz problem is about func_breakable.

oh forgot to say. I can't even load the map in tf2

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Don't kill the brush. Kill the precache entities.

Qbus

Nov 2, 2017
ok deleted func_breakable replaced them with buttons.
thread can be closed.
btw thx for helping me guys.