Heaven

can this setting ( in terms of style and gameplay) exist in TF2?

• yes it can

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • only as a sniper heaven (bad gameplay)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • doestn fit (bad setting idea)

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • not at all

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
working on making routes easier to navigate and more obvious
b1b2_1.jpg

Cool, this looks much better. :D

gustav

L1: Registered
Jan 17, 2009
Wery nice map with potential to become epic. Found some issues, screens might be useful.

Door and window lead to solid wall.
Dissapearing "B" sign.
Dissapearing "C" sign.
Strange clipping on this rocks.
Epic sight!
Less epic sight when closer. Lack of detail on the lower part.
Texture stays when spawnroom is active. But passable.
Can stand on the side of the fence and even jump over.
Flickering "no entrance" sign.
Crates sligtly clipping in to the fan.
Can see skybox througt the fans.
Ugly texture on stairs.
Bug in first blu spawnroom. Part of wall not rendered.

Sorry for my english :blush:

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
vvvvvery helpful,thanks. actually there are some more issues ive found today, ill fix em.

btb its now in the regular rotation on CPC Uber server here 217.70.189.157:27016
its RTV'able and NOMINATE'able

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
This map played really well for scouts and soldiers. Scale was brilliant, rooms were spacious but not massive. Kind of overkill on the hazard strips though.

The final point took a while to cap, though we did manage it. Just thought i'd mention that.

Couldn't help but feel there was a lot of health around the final point. IE both defenders and attackers (atleast for RED's final point) had access to full and medium health kits barely rooms apart. So you couldn't see a bunch of people duke it out and run in to kill any survivors because they'd be all healed up by the time they retreated past the corner.

All in all an enjoyable match, even if i did join half way through.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
thanks. last point is a tough think to make as i cant put spawn BEHIND the point as in usual maps. any yea, i think i need to re-think item placement.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98931/pics/cp_heaven_b2a0002.jpg
Is there a playerclip in that corner? It felt like it and was pretty weird. I don't see a reason for it either.

About the whole nobuild thing, once we played it a bit I became more confused. The lower level was actually a much better spot to put sentries, as they aren't quite so easily spammed from the high balcony. So I don't really know why sentries by the point itself was a problem.

Also, enabled No LOD and No mipmaps on your credit/changelog VTFs. Then they will be at crystal clear full res regardless of a user's graphic settings.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
ohhh,true, that and old playerclip there. fixing

thx for the tip about noLOD,will apply this next time.

about nobuilds..i still need to work around D, ofc there wont be any nobuilds but still i got some problems with possible SG spam

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
anyway, after some testing here, on Cc and CPC servers, i can write down a list of changes 2 b done

• Work around point C
  • Make an alternative route from bluspawn to C, to remove choke point
  • Work arond pointD, make it more spacious
  • Further polishing and detailing
  • Fixing and fixing

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
As you've seen we couldn't get past B & C last time, but I won't draw hastily conclusions on that evidence. People here at CPC are getting used to your middle CPs setup and defend them more fiercely than before. Perhaps the indoors and corridor layout around this part may result on some heavy defending, but sentries were not the issue.

Heaven is getting more and more polish, keep up the good work !

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
beta3 layout changes are done. Still i want a single release without quickfixes so i will do lots of internal testings and maybe some further clipping and perfomance improvements before release.
Main changes are point C and D. Testings showed that C is not payed attention at because:
a)the entrance to it is campable
b)point is tad to hard to cap when red got the layout
pointD got some issues too,like an overpowerd balcony( if red team is not aware) or useless balcony (if red team is aware of it). also ive added some variants for blu to attack the point, so now there is no need for nobuild area.

I dont want to show you much before release, so only one comparison screeny atm:
b2b3c1r.jpg

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
The B3 release plays very well, it may be thar our regulars have getting used to the map layout, but the gameflow is more fluid and the fights are really intense. You did a good job at fixing the many issues with your four capture points. B and C are now fought over, and if somewhat spammy, this kind of action is not based on pure chokyness. Attackers can get from anywhere, and you never have a easy time when standing on those points.

The layout on D now corretly prevents spawnkill tentation, and if it looks like really hard to take, its definitively possible. The vent passages you've added are not too useful for direct attacks, but gives demomen, snipers and soldier a good opportunity to take out key red players, and leaves a meancing aura that makes life for people coming from the main hallways easier.

On the cons side, the map certainly has that indoors feeling and lacks larger areas, but it gives its flavor to the map and doesn't create situations as extreme as say, junction. Certainly not an "arena feeling" like gravelpit point A, though.

Graphically, you've made some nice blend of rustic and new, and if it's not totally consistent, it leaves a sens of progression along the map. The use of curves, plants and acessories, create a modern lobby atmosphere seldom encountered. The work on displacement and water is nice too at the start. You should only adds some roundness and noisiness in some of your displacements. No perfs issue encountered so far.

A map with both a creative layout and look, keep it up !

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
say hello to beta3
changelog on the first page

On this release i wanna thank:
Flubber and Uriak from CPC community for testings and feedbacks
ABS for a no-LOD tip
Acumen for custom props
Everyone who played and gave any feedback

DOWNLOAD
From TF2Maps(.bz2)
From Dropbox(.7z)
From Dropbox (.bz2)
From FPSbanana
From TF2Files (comming soon)

b3s1_sm.jpg

b3s2_sm.jpg

b3s3_sm.jpg

b3s6_sm.jpg

Last edited:

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
beta3a released

Not a quickfix this time, but rather an improvement.
changelog on first page. You can download it from:

Dropbox (.7z)
Dropbox (.bz2)
TF2Maps (.bz2)
FPSbanana(.zip)

NOTE: Dropbox is working rather slowly on upload today, so better try FPSB and TF2M ones.

After admins download an update you can find it in this rotations:
CPC Uber server 217.70.189.157:27016
Freefrag.com Map Montage Server 99.198.108.174:27015

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Your map is too spy+medic combo friendly.

cp_heaven_b3a0001.jpg

In all seriousness though, it's a lot of fun, the geometry doesn't necessarily always seem to fit with tf2 though, additionally with low player counts 6v6 7v7, the second points seem to be capped long before red has a chance to even react.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
In all seriousness though, it's a lot of fun, the geometry doesn't necessarily always seem to fit with tf2 though, additionally with low player counts 6v6 7v7, the second points seem to be capped long before red has a chance to even react.

well i was trying to make it non-tf2ish in terms of layout :D

the cap time of B/C is over 20 seconds, i rly hoped that was enough..hm

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
The problem may not be so much the cap time, but the respawn times for red.

I didn't get enough gametime in to actually remember what they were though.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
The problem may not be so much the cap time, but the respawn times for red.

I didn't get enough gametime in to actually remember what they were though.

alright,thanks :D ill keep this in mind when i get a demo of the event

Status
Not open for further replies.