Heaven

can this setting ( in terms of style and gameplay) exist in TF2?

• yes it can

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • only as a sniper heaven (bad gameplay)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • doestn fit (bad setting idea)

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • not at all

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
I was asked to add a server list where this map is in rotation,so here comes

59.85.107.75:27022
[JP]​ Nekonote Officialal and CustomMaps

217.70.189.157:27016
​[FR]​ Communaute CPC -​ Uber

67.18.130.18:27015
3-​PG.com: ​ Accelerated ​[2x Damage + more!]​

99.198.108.174:27016
FreeFrag.com Map Montage Server

also added this to first page

Swiftmind

L2: Junior Member
Dec 6, 2009
Well for another review from me.

Great detail added. I like what you did with the last point. I liked some earlier versions of point C but its current form is fine. I like the outside areas added on the way to point B, very nice touch. I saw someone else say this does not fit TF2, I say oh please, I think it looks great. But seems I have a very open mind when it comes to TF2 style :p

I played on the Euro server playtest on Wed with 10 or so people. This map is really built for more then that. So it is hard to judge how well the layout will do with such a few amount of people. I did not enjoy the playtest, it did not feel fun. It lacked something...players hehe.

I found some issues though.

When I take the lower route as blue from first spawn to jump into the water: I was a heavy and I jumped in, the water is too deep to stand in where I landed. So I ended up getting into a water battle as a heavy in which I was underwater and Red was up on dry land shooting down. It was annoying, I could not see underwater where red was due to the water graphic. I died quickly. I say make the area blue lands to be a depth one can stand in. The rest can be deeper.

attachment.php

This is the window above blue spawn, can I jump through this window or not? I tried, I was not able. It looks like I can, I kept jumping then crouching, but nope. You should see it in the demo. If I can not jump through, make it so I can. What is the point of this big window with no glass if I can not go through it? If it is a snipers nest, make the window smaller.

attachment.php

Uh oh, the good old teleporter beyond the glass door trick!

I found two random nodraws
attachment.php

attachment.php

Layout looks fine, but like I said hard to judge with only a few people.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
the most helpful, lots of thanks :D
on the third screnie,that is not a nodraw :p

about window, its some sort of sniper nest, ill make it smaller
and ofc ill fix tele bug :p

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
well...as i got what you were saying its cramped and "corridorish".
I guess its impossible to totaly fix it but i will still release beta4 as last beta with some enchancements, and then got to the next try to make 4-cp A/D.
I got 2 main questions:
>does the gamemode overall work?
>can someone help me with the layout for next 4cp A/D. In my opinion this gamemode has potential still i would benefit from some actual help

Sep 12, 2008
I found the test going very well. I played medic, spy and heavy, and I really enjoyed it. I'd say don't change too many things (layout wise) and try to polish up this map!

H-land

Jul 15, 2009
For whatever reason, I can't think how to fix the gameplay here (since there surely were issues). However, I did see aesthetic problems that I might know how to fix.
cp_heaven_b3a0006.jpg

First, this reflection is an issue. It's way too big, and rather than make it sharper, I'd suggest axing it completely- try using a Reflectivity or Light texture.
cp_heaven_b3a0008.jpg

This doorway bothers me when I look at it. I'd suggest rotating the wood textures if at all possible.
cp_heaven_b3a0009.jpg

These stairs do not look pretty. Aside from the lighting, you have metal touching brick in such a way as to make it look... bad. The texture you're using on the vertical faces also seems misaligned- at least, it's not being used at the position that it normally is, so it tends toward looking unnatural.
cp_heaven_b3a0010.jpg

Having all these fans set in such a haphazard fashion makes it look too... busy, and pretty bizarre.
cp_heaven_b3a0012.jpg

The problem here should explain itself. (The problem is not that the demo has a 'fro.)
cp_heaven_b3a0013.jpg

Here, you can see what's in all likelihood that texture from the side of the stairs under the steps (which present the same issue with the vertical texture as those other stairs a few pics up).

That's all I'm gonna say for now.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
cp_heaven_b3a0000.jpg

cp_heaven_b3a0001.jpg

And put another frame in these windows, so you can see that you can't jump through them (the frames with the cross).

Defur

L1: Registered
Aug 9, 2009
Could you post this in the maps section of the etf2l forums?
Just to see if it has some competative value and maybe getting some tips from the comp side of tf2. : )

Alot of awesome maps has been realesed lately and they might get some attention, maybe if something happends this map could get in the spotlight y'know?

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
ok,Ill do that right now. Thanks.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
:D

//oh look i got some wierd "veteran" thing...what does that mean?//

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
oh so thats why i got my mailbox increased to 100, then got it filled up to 35 then got it decreased to 25 again so i didnt get messages i was waiting for then all my mesages suddenly disappeared and now i got and empty 100-size mail box,yes? :D

Last edited:

Swiftmind

Dec 6, 2009
Nice screenshots. Everything looks great.

Like I said I did not have any issues finding where I needed to go. Unfortunately not a lot of people were playing at the time so hard to say how the layout will work.

Being picky, the blue forward spawn door above point A looks out of place since it does not have a frame on the outside or anything.

attachment.php

I still see this issue. I am not sure what it is. You said before it is not a nodraw. But I see through this wall as if it is a nodraw.

attachment.php

Eh, I think the chrome look was a lot better. I remember in a previous playtest a few complained about it. I thought their complains were unfounded. This new thing looks more industrial but also kind of out of place with the dark green. The metal/glass/chrome seem to fit better.

attachment.php

Flying around in spectator I saw this nodraw. But I am not sure if a player will actually see it.

attachment.php

I hope this is temporary. Ugly ramp texture, its a bunch of beams hehe. But would the general public care? Probably not haha.

Hellfire

Jul 9, 2008
yes,that ramp is temporal. And yes, ill replace that white thingy. And finally yes, that round thing replacing chrome is temporal. As i now have no need for straight exit to D, ill re-make it into smth more "usual"

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.