CP Glassworks rc6a

Crash

1. RubbishyUser

RubbishyUser L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I really wanna see that Platinum test. Sounds awesome <3 Could you spill the beans on what competitive players have been calling various areas? Any silly names like Sunshine's Legoland or Escher?

2. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Nothing fancy yet. Lower lobby, upper lobby, truck room, tunnel.

I think once I start detailing those will get more creative, as they'll have more to go off of.

3. RubbishyUser

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  4. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  5. ibex

aa ibex

Positive Ratings:
    That window featured at about 26 minutes is a bit OP sightline/sentry wise

6. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I hadn't realized you could build up on the edge like that, I'll probably toss a nobuild for that small part there.

7. RubbishyUser

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think it's that OP. Sure the sentry can see a lot, but it's also visible way outside of the range in the porch of the other team's building, where they'd naturally be holding anyway.

If the engie uses the wrangler, it'd be easy to flank from below and take him and the sentry out. I'd compare it to putting one on the balcony in badlands, or on top of the train bed. Plus I'm always in favour for strong flanks.

Also, haven't you converted the tunnel into underground last into the dustbowl style? Get on it!

In my opinion, for this map to get into regular rotation, it needs to beat Gullywash - because they always swap out maps for whatever works similarly. This map already does the strong second hold that Gullywash has. So now you need to make it easier to take and push out of last than Gullywash, which is the problems that map had.

8. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I'm just not a fan of how the sentry floats on the edge there, and it gives it a brutal top-down view of anyone coming through the under pass. Just a small little nobuild to keep it back a bit.

And those tunnels are next! Just didn't have time to do them yet!

I realized I made a mistake with spawn times so when second is captured it's taking away time from the attackers and adding time to the defenders, when I intended to take away a bit of time from both. Fixing spawn times is going to help a lot of issues I think.

Also I'm going to be extending the final room back by about 256 units or so to give it more room to breathe and move it a tiny bit further from second.

It's encouraging that after a big test like that my only changes are minute tweaks.

9. RubbishyUser

Positive Ratings:
    Hell, especially when you screw up something like spawntimes. :p Also, have you decided what the glass cylinder is going to be yet? You need to think about that shortly...

Just did a little research, and I've found these:
    [​IMG]
    They're what actual glassworks had up to and including the period that TF2 is set in. Major points for accuracy, minus several hundred for looking really, really unlikely and stupid. But hey, he who lives in a glass map should not throw stones.

Actually, that's a really good point: This map needs some actual things in it. There's almost no indication that this place is an industrial centre at all.

EDIT: Or you could put a gigantic bong on it. #smokeweederryday

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  10. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    What a weird ass building.

I like it.

Still no clue on the glass towers though. I might axe them. It would help on optimization anyway.

11. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

This one is also from the time period. Might go into an out of bounds area.

edit: Research!

12. RubbishyUser

Positive Ratings:
    Awww yeah! How It's Made! Man, that's my childhood there. I was reaaaally nerdy. Like srs.

I was actually thinking of using the tower to replace the glass centrepiece you have currently. But again, no one else would actually know what it is and think that it's a weird brick cone.

13. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I watched a shit ton of How It's Made.

I don't trust this new guys voice. I want my original guy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    The primary purpose of the hole in the ceiling is to let light in onto the control point, I just need to figure out how I'm detailing it into the map.

15. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    Drop in a giant rocket prop, presto, the solution to every TF2 finale ever.

Bombs are totally original though.

16. RubbishyUser

Positive Ratings:
    That was always the problem with Fastlane and Yukon: no actual thematic tie-in. Fastlane was so non-specific it did nothing but that rocket. Glassworks isn't poopy like Fastlane and Yukon, so you need something that's not poopy! :rolleyes:

17. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    Put the rocket inside the glass pipe tunnel thing!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. RubbishyUser

Positive Ratings:
    Put the rocket inside the brick cone thing!

19. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Rockets are so overdone for CP maps, though. Feels like a cop-out at this point to put on in there.

I definitely think I could amp up the spytech feel around final though. It's missing that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. shadowslasher11

aa shadowslasher11

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe have a payload bomb over the final point?