CP Glassworks rc6a

Crash

1. RubbishyUser

RubbishyUser L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    4 years later and Crash is still on Fire.

2. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  3. RubbishyUser

Positive Ratings:
    Don't worry Crash, I'll save you the bother.

That was a really tense match you had there. The only thing I noticed is that second was really hard to confidently take, and I think partly because there was almost two seperate holds: one in the lobby and one behind point. That's probably not a bad thing, and I think it introduces variation to the "hold last, steamroll to other last, repeat" type stuff we see on maps like Badlands or Process in highlander.

I did notice though that snipers could really work the tunnel effectively then. I think there was one push out of last where red capped second and were effectively stopped moving out to mid by the sniper in the tunnel. Maybe consider moving the health and ammo in the tunnel just outside? Then there'd be some worth to spamming the sniper a little and forcing him to retreat to regain the tunnel.

I think if you really want to test the map to it's limits you should look for a team with a really strong sniper or combo, see whether the map grinds to a halt in the chokes. The flanks seemed to be used rarely, especially the tunnel under forward spawn, though that may just have been the camera angle.

Oh, and I was loving watching the window plays at mid. Never take that away. It seemed so useful for so many different classes in very different ways. <3

Finally, when it comes to detailing, remember to put a way for the trucks to get out of the map. Maybe under the forward spawn bridge?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I can agree with a lot of that. I'm hopefully getting some higher ranked teams on it soon, so we'll see how that goes.

And I've already got a sand pit detail area planned for next to the first forward spawns that the trucks will be leading to. That's the "front gate" on either side of the map.

5. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Updated to Beta 1!

Download links in OP along with new screenshots.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  6. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Bonus screenshots not in OP:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All textures are still WIP, some of them I'm not a fan of myself and will be changed.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    There's something about your maps that screams "THIS WAS MADE BY CRASH AND NOT ANYONE ELSE" and I can't quite decide

a) what it is
    and b) whether I like that or not.

But carry on doing cool things, it looks good!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  9. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    FYI somehow I missed packing a couple models so there will be a Beta 2 very soon.

10. RubbishyUser

Positive Ratings:
    While your at it don't forget to make that superstructure at mid wider.

11. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I actually started detailing a bunch more past B1 before I realized the models were missing, so I'm trying to wrap things up that I started for B2. One of those things I working on that building a bunch more!

12. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Links for download in OP

13. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. puxorb

aa puxorb

Positive Ratings:
    Just a thought; some of your roofs look a little thick. I know for a fact that valve makes most of their roofs on a 2 or 4 unit grid for the height, and your's look like 8 or more. But if you would like these to be thicker then keep 'em that way. I'm just throwing it out there. I don't really think it looks bad its just slightly abnormal.

15. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah that was something I noticed myself with this last update. The new roof I added (the one on the far right in the second picture) I switched to 4 units thick while everywhere else it's currently 8. I'll switch them all over to that for the next update, I think.

16. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    Thick roofs in beta are fine, it's a pain in the ass to experiment and move stuff around if random trimming is on a super tiny grid.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I'm fully in pain-in-the-ass territory at this point.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  18. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    So what you're saying is you're bad at mapping, got it.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  19. RedRumUGC

RedRumUGC L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Crash is getting ready for next weeks NA Platinum playtest. Two of the best Highlander teams going at it on his map! Glassworks has been making huge progress last few months. I can't wait for next week!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings: