CP Glassworks rc6a

Crash

1. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    -0.5 fps, hate it.

I like the color around the center CP, but I'm not sure if a flowerbox in that little room fits thematically. I guess I don't know what theme you're going for, but if it's an industrial site like most TF2 maps are, any flowers that sprout are going to be in random spots that doesn't get a lot of foot traffic, they're basically weeds that aren't ugly.

Also doesn't that room open to the sky? Why do you have a light entity in there? :D

2. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Because it's temporary lighting and it works for now. :p

I've always thought of that room as "the garden" for some reason, so I decided to put some flowers in. Smokers lounge or something...

3. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    That is pretty bright.

5. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    The point itself is a tad dark though. Especially right under the wooden structure. Definitely needs something to make it pop out a bit more.

6. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    Check out what I did on Stoneyridge on that ledge over the death pit next to A. Basically make a light with the same color as the skybox and point it at whatever is too dark. Players will never notice you're tricking them.

It also means you don't have to try and cram a lightbulb in there.

If you actually want to draw attention to that detailing, another option would be cp_foundry, check out the spotlights they set up around the middle point where the BLU letters are.

7. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I was thinking some kind of spot light beam coming from the structure above pointing down to the point would be really cool.

I've already been stealing your lighting from Stoneyridge for quite a few places on the map now. So uh... Thanks! :)

8. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Beta 4 dropped, downloads in OP

This should be the version I run for the Marathon Test.

9. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    If anyone has a spare moment and wouldn't mind running around the map a bit, I'd appreciate it. Just a quick look over/ capture and all that. Trying to see if I overlooked anything glaringly obvious before the Marathon test.

10. MAkzu

MAkzu L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    The map does look good indeed. But one thing tough.

Why is there a giant class thingys on the final buildings? That makes no sense.

11. Bereth

Bereth L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I saw a couple of minor clipping bugs (dropdown in lobby especially), and some minor detail criticisms, but the only thing worth a picture are these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  13. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Reuploading to fix those two missing materials. Delete/ redownload if you have gotten them already. I don't do this often, but hopefully not many people snagged it yet.

14. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Updated screenshots in OP

Known bugs from this version:
    There is a seam in both final spawns for some reason.
    There are a few dark lighting issues, primarily on Red side
    A couple engineer building bugs that I'm not going to point out until after the test tonight, heh.
    Might be too much health near final now, we'll see.

Get hyped for the 3hr test, do it!

15. puxorb

aa puxorb L69: Emoticon

Positive Ratings:
    This map is really really fun, so thanks for hosting this event! I hope the heatmap results help you make the map even better.

One complaint:
    When you go around the building at mid, you can fall off the rock formation because of its steepness. If I were you I would add a wooden beam submerged into the rock or even just make the edge a little more square-ish. Does this make any sense? I can post a screenshot if it doesn't.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I think I know what you mean. It's a bit rounded, I can probably flatten it a bit.

17. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    The map played well, it was good to see it in a pub environment when people have learned the layout.

As you heard many times, just fix the sign situation on the forward spawn because I think everyone fucked it up and ran the wrong way at least once.

I'm not sure what the geometry in that area allows but turning the door 90 degrees so you exit the spawn room facing the correct direction might help. 45 degrees might work too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    Also, that pipe that goes along the ceiling in the final point rooms gets in the way of epic rocket jumps from the raised platform to the CP.

And the "battlements" sign above the door that leads from last to CP2 is solid, not sure if it's a problem to let people stand up there but I thought I'd mention it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
  20. MAkzu

MAkzu L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Downloaded it and roamed a bit. Detailing is quite good for a map that is in this state. Or well, i have not played many maps within beta, but still, impressive.

Anyway, I was kinda disappointed at this part

[​IMG]

It is very empty and boring. So do you know what i did? I made this to express my opinions.

[​IMG]

(I hope the images show correctly as i am new here.)

• Thanks Thanks x 2