CP Frozen

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
The problem I feel with the current cp is that a sneaky [insert class here] can ninja cap it without much problem simply by hiding in the corner that fathest away from the spawn's view.

I think that they way I have it now, its fixed, because there really is no corner for it atm... but I'll make it more clear.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Gameday bump.

This'll be the last test for the stage 2 before the new version (which You can see the screenshots for in previous posts). I see the feedback that you guys have offered in the feedback section, but is there any other thoughts or feelings you have that you wish to share?

If nothing major needs to be changed, new version this weekend.

bob+M|M+

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 31, 2008
my random thoughts as I was playing
- new cp2 is better than the previous one

- the right path for blue near final cap (stage2?) is is so vulnerable, especially for blue medics/blue teles. I know it's one of the best paths so it SHOULD be vulnerable, but it could use some better cover, or a cubby to hide in for medics/teles/protection from aerial soldiers. We had a uber die twice there :(

-the middle path is also difficult for medic to build uber. A rocket jumping soldier/demo can fly right overhead and target the medic/tele (or keep the high ground.) again, maybe it could benefit from a safe inlet in the side of the cliff, or a small structure to hide in (with overhead proection).

-layout seems to favor blue largely near the cap. I guess the distance of walking times, and respawn times balances it out.

- it would be nice to have an engi setup area that wasn't on the ground. like a more dynamic area on the right path (from red perspective), instead of just stairs up, and a straight away. maybe an actual structure there could be interesting.

anyways those are my thoughts. I still haven't tried the rest of the map yet! you seem to always be testing that one stage.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
gK2Wq.jpg

pw7aX.jpg

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
things i believe would be beneficial
cp_frozen_stage_b_a3_test10000.jpg

A: add a window there so it feels more connected to the rest of fight area
B: make that house wider so it's easier to advance through it without eating spam
C: make it wider for easier roller dodging
D: add a window so attackers know that there is a sentry

consider adding a medium health around letter A. having only the small ones make it hard to hold that area.

also consider playing around with spawntimes. i kinda like the new B.

Sep 1, 2009
The map needs snow. anything else just doesn't fit with the namesake and also doesn't look right

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Okay, i've stopped hearing commentary about gameplay and right now it just feels like blu can win the round more than I want.

does anyone else have some feedback from when they were playing?

If I hear none, I'll probably combine all 3 stages and release a complete map (yay)