aa
Sep 5, 2010

soon.jpg

Soon...

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Lack of ways to flank point 1 concerns me.

I see for point 2.. oh wait no, the whole thing is a dustbowl stage 2 rip. Yeeaeaaahh you don't want to do that.

Red need more than 1 way to get from 2 to 1

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
Untitled13.jpg

A) I do not enjoy the idea of having to turn right as I exit the spawn. The spawn orientation also doesn't allow me to see where will I be going, especially with that wooden wall. Also I risk getting spammed from the safety of B).

The whole area C) seems to be pretty narrow. The cover D) seems good tho. I expect red to set up at D), E), F) and the safest G).

Interesting how you leave just one entrance for red at H) ;), though in this map it's probably for the best. The whole thing just feels very Dustbowl-ish, with lots of narrow tunnels like I) which just begs to be spammed. J) is also very narrow, judging by devtextures it's 128 - 160 degrees. Maybe 192. Keep in mind that since it's a cliff wall, adding displacement cliffs is likely make the path more narrow than in blockout.

K) is also narrow tunnel, I expect it to be easily defendable and L) to be main killing area. There might or might not be some excessive wranglering along the line of M) - H). The best way for blu will probably be creeping along the buildings from J) towards L). Also, I can't read M).

edit: Also, since I) appears to be a dropdown, blu will have to commit to attack out of a spam corridor with no good option to back out. I'm not sure if they will enjoy it.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Just for future reference: C is up-hill. L is uphill. G is uphill-ish

That arrow is pointing to where blue spawn is, not the direction you will be faceing. You are faceing up the hill. There is a wall to prevent spamming at your B... K is a one way onto the point area.

And with the whole "Dustbowl rip" ... like I said, it doesn't show that there is a hill going up from Doom's marked H to L... but yea, I was heavily baseing the rough idea off dustobowl s2-2. Why? Because the original stage 2 had just main route, and literally right over that route, was 2 more routes. It wasn't good. I was trying to add flanks for blu to attack (the issue I was having with the original stage 2).

I had not considered red's lack of ability to flank coming out of the area. I will remedy it. (probably at I, make that just a hill or something)

Admittedly, the idea looked better on paper. and in my head.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010