Does TF2Maps still run playtests/gamedays?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kinky, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Kinky

Kinky L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi all,

Long time MIA from Source (6 years now, jeez), just started messing around with Hammer again today. First off, I've got to say the quality and availability of tutorials and prefab content on this site has come a long way, you guys are amazing. Its been a joy to play with Source again today.

I wanted to start working on something for fun. Nothing crazy, probably a tight KOTH. First thing I noticed was there hasnt been any activity in the Server Events section in like 6 months? And almost a year for the US.

Does TF2Maps still run gamedays/playtests? Are they just organised differently now?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Erk

Server Staff Erk erk

Positive Ratings:
    We do, they're just impromptu map tests now.

We usually have one every day.

imppic.PNG

If you're part of the steam group we send out announces for when we test them.

3. The Siphon

The Siphon L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, just add the map to the imp list on Discord and it will be added to the next imp.
    They are daily, though EU imp servers are down at the moment, so it's jsut the NY server.

4. Kinky

Kinky L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thats great its still so active! Thanks for the info.

Do the impromptus still follow the same rules as regular? For example, would testing a CP concept without building the rest of the map (just spawn > split corridors > CP) be possible? If the CP concept is garbage the whole map will go in the bin :p

5. Yrr

aa Yrr An Actual Deer

Positive Ratings:
    can't playtest a map if its not finished

• Agree Agree x 3