CTF_Rock2

Buddikaman

L3: Member
Dec 31, 2007
I know this is a nitpick, but the rock intersecting those windows is bothering me from a logic perspective. Seems if there was a room up there that they were building adjacent to a rock, even with hewing the backside of the rock out for space, there'd be some brick and mortar between the rock and the window frame

Your right it does look tacky, ill probably have to remove that rock altogether.

-Buddikaman-

Noggin

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2007
tbh, the model looks out of place.

Are you basing the look/theme on old prisons?

Voztron

L2: Junior Member
Jan 14, 2008
I was going to pick you up on that rock by Shmitz beat me to it :(

The model is nice I like the idea, its just too neat looking. Needs to be whacky and goofy. Where is the ACME Eye In The Sky Camera Spy? More wonky stuff :D

Buddikaman

Dec 31, 2007
Hey Buddikaman, any updates in the mean time?

This map is being completely redone as a collaboration between Shmitz and I. Shmitz will be taking over all mapping dutys, while i focus on generating custom props and envrionment art for the map. I will probably hold off on posting new screens untill we have something substantial to show, but so far we have some great ideas and shmitz has brought alot to this project. Our working together will most likely continue after this map, and the idea is to bring a new level of excellence to TF2 custom maps. Stay tuned!

-Buddikaman-

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
How about this kind of sign?

I have the VMT/VTF if want it.

sign.jpg

R3dRuM

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
Like the glare, not the sign, personally, I know tf2 is cartoony but that just looks out of place.

Scotland Tom

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 19, 2008
I absolutely adore the reflectivity in those signs. On the other hand I'm not sure the font is correct for the "engraved sign" look. Yeah, TF2 has its characteristic fonts, but those are used in the UI and menu screens for the most part. When you take a look at some of the overlay signs they use fonts appropriate for the types of signs they are. Go ahead and use a nice clean font with sariffs. Copperplate Gothic or something along those lines would do nicely I think.

Also, the one sign is too big in my opinion. Usually these types of metal engraved signs are used as placards, not large directional or informative signs. Keep them smaller and make a variety of them! I'd like to see some that could be used as cornerstone markers, "EST. 1957" and the like.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
also, my additional critique is that I dont think Valve refers to Red or Blue as teams in any of the maps, it is the RED and BLUE companies or something like that.

Buddikaman

Dec 31, 2007
re

This map is as of now being scrapped for bigger and better things(ie more ambitious :p). Im currently working with Shmitz and Scoobings on a entirely new "themed" map concept, which being the only artist is alot of work. I guess i can show a few props for rock2 that ended up being scrapped ;/

Toilet

chain101rz5.jpg

chain013jg0.jpg

chain011im8.jpg

compile1errorui6.jpg

compi2le1errorfq3.jpg

-Buddikaman-

Last edited:

Noggin

Nov 17, 2007
I absolutely adore the reflectivity in those signs. On the other hand I'm not sure the font is correct for the "engraved sign" look. Yeah, TF2 has its characteristic fonts, but those are used in the UI and menu screens for the most part. When you take a look at some of the overlay signs they use fonts appropriate for the types of signs they are. Go ahead and use a nice clean font with sariffs. Copperplate Gothic or something along those lines would do nicely I think.

Also, the one sign is too big in my opinion. Usually these types of metal engraved signs are used as placards, not large directional or informative signs. Keep them smaller and make a variety of them! I'd like to see some that could be used as cornerstone markers, "EST. 1957" and the like.

Doh! I posted these in the wrong Rock2 thread!

I mean them as a replacement for the signs Sacrificist used.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
No floaters in the toilet, please! :p

Your Modeling prowess is top-notch, buddikaman, that chain thing is amazing.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
That chain is pretty cool, but I'm begining to think that this map will be 100mb+