Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
thanks for taking me by the hand, grazr !:blushing:

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Sure you can.

There never was a restriction for that before, and i dont see why it should be there now.

Aug 10, 2009
Hmm after re-reading of this whole thread I have become worried. So, I have an entry for this contest that just barely fits the bill on the size requirement, and it's entirely made for a screenshot, so if you were anywhere else the map would be nodrawed and such and wouldn't make sense. Will I be marked down for this?
EDIT: Also, should it be a functioning CP, or could it simply be a CP model?

Last edited:

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Hmm after re-reading of this whole thread I have become worried. So, I have an entry for this contest that just barely fits the bill on the size requirement, and it's entirely made for a screenshot, so if you were anywhere else the map would be nodrawed and such and wouldn't make sense. Will I be marked down for this?
EDIT: Also, should it be a functioning CP, or could it simply be a CP model?

You will definately lose points. If not by the voters but by youme, who might remove your screenshot. The cp, however, can just be a model.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
We're not doing voting by screenshots at all. As little as possible the screenshots will not be linked with the information of who's map it is, so that you have to run around the map to see for yourself what its like.

So yes if you build the map for JUST a screenshot you'll lose massive marks when people take a look at it.

purequaternion

L3: Member
May 19, 2009
Those look like the waterfall model...oh well, so much for one of my (many) ideas!

Look forward to seeing how it turns out though!

cpoint_grazr.png

Red line represents 2048x2048. All content should reside inside this area. Some of my stuff (props) overlaps the boundary, but the origins remain inside the boundary. You can expand your skybox further as represented by the blue line for the purpose of taking screenshots from outside the boundary. But all content remains inside the 2048x2048 area.

andriod

L1: Registered
Nov 20, 2009
The cp, however, can just be a model.
So it doesn't have to be a working map, it just has to look good? Wow if thats true then i have wasted alot of time 8(

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
one of Valve's Rocket model is only available in 3D skybox model, can i make a 3D skybox only for the rocket?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
one of Valve's Rocket model is only available in 3D skybox model, can i make a 3D skybox only for the rocket?

You make the non 3d skybox rocket yourself.

Anything else is an unfair advantage.

Tapp

Jan 26, 2009
Because there haven't been enough questions...
I have made some overlays using resources from the internet. Is that allowed? What is the threshold between 'helpful renders' and 'stolen'?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Because there haven't been enough questions...
I have made some overlays using resources from the internet. Is that allowed? What is the threshold between 'helpful renders' and 'stolen'?

That is theft unless the material explicitly states it can be used with/without credit and without consent. There is no grey area.

Since its also not your work its not allowed in the contest.

Tapp

Jan 26, 2009
Okay, so everything is to be made absolutely from scratch. What I was really asking is if this rule is absolute, or if it's possibly to, say, download a cow render for the purposes of a poster?

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Okay, so everything is to be made absolutely from scratch. What I was really asking is if this rule is absolute, or if it's possibly to, say, download a cow render for the purposes of a poster?

Those are the kind of things you shut up about and don't say a word with, otherwise you get really stupid questions like this that cannot be answered. :p