***Control Point mini-contest***

Aug 23, 2008
Will playerclips be considered as part of the judging? For example, playerclipping a ledge that (in a full map) would be clipped to keep players from getting somewhere they shouldn't. I'm guessing this is a balance question, which would only function in regards to a full map, rather than a partial.

pitto

L3: Member
Feb 17, 2009
Will playerclips be considered as part of the judging? For example, playerclipping a ledge that (in a full map) would be clipped to keep players from getting somewhere they shouldn't. I'm guessing this is a balance question, which would only function in regards to a full map, rather than a partial.

This contest is all about detailing e.g. making it look good so no

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
so here goes another question.
this may be the situation of a friend of mine ;)
would that be bad if the origins of the rock models are not within the boundary place. thing is, there's 2 windows in front of each rock model which the player can look through and see the rock models. i'm asking because grazr posted his image and said something about the origin placement. and since recompiling and replacing the origins wouldn't be ok since its valve models and not mine, i'd have a little big problem :eek:

contest_question.gif

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Yes. The origin of ANY prop MUST be inside the boundaries. so what you've pictured is not allowed

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
urks, thanks for clarifying the first point ;(

but the skybox going over the boundaries would be ok ?

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
the skybox can be expanded for the purposes of taking screenshots from outside the boundaries (since water, particle effects and often props fade out).

Deloras

L2: Junior Member
Aug 20, 2009
I'm proud to say that I give the better of myself in this contest, my cpoint is coming soon.

Sep 12, 2008
I wish I could hdr like eerione does :\

eerieone is not the only one who uses HDR. I think most people did; Icarus, me, ..?

You can easily do it by clicking on "Expert" in your compile window and selecting HDR Full Compile (HDR included) i think.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
okok,

#
# Custom content is allowed, but only made entirely by yourself using your own resources or Valve's content.

does this mean, i can recompile rescaled valve rock models ? cause they might fit in the map if scaled a bit ;)

PlipPlop

L2: Junior Member
Nov 18, 2009
It's 6:40 AM, Saturday, December 19th and I hope can still at least try and enter this. Prizes mean nothing, I want to throw something out to show everyone! And I'm still only a beginner but I want to get to detailing something too.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
okok,
does this mean, i can recompile rescaled valve rock models ? cause they might fit in the map if scaled a bit ;)

From what i understand, you can, as its all your and valves work, thats exactly what is written there.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
shit i read 22nd december :eek:~~~~~

since i'm not too familiar with this time calculating.
am i right, when i say, in 3 hours and 20 minutes from now is deadline ?