compilation stops at Finding displacement neighbors ...

FamyCHoff

L1: Registered
Oct 20, 2021
Hello, I decided to compile the map. As a result, the map does not compile to the end and stops at Finding displacement neighbors ... I manually removed all the displacements - there was also a problem, but if I turn off the displacement group in the visgroup, then it compiles normally. I want to say in advance that there are a lot of offsets on the map - and I don't want to redo them from scratch, and I'm looking for solutions. On the forums, the problem is the same as mine, I have not met. I would be very grateful if you help. I attach the compilation log below.
Code:
materialPath: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\ep2\materials
Loading D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Undeground Capture\maps\start_uc.vmf
Could not locate 'GameData' key in d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2013 singleplayer\ep2\gameinfo.txt
Patching WVT material: maps/start_uc/nature/red_grass_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/start_uc/nature/blendgrassdirt01_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...100...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
Chop Details...done (0)
Find Visible Detail Sides...
Merged 236 detail faces...done (0)
Merging details...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
writing D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Undeground Capture\maps\start_uc.prt...Building visibility clusters...
done (0)
Creating default LDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
   skybox/sky_day02_05*.vmt
! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Creating default HDR cubemaps for env_cubemap using skybox materials:
   skybox/sky_day02_05*.vmt
! Run buildcubemaps in the engine to get the correct cube maps.
Finding displacement neighbors...

FamyCHoff

Oct 20, 2021
If it's breaking with displacements you might have to manually hide one displacement at a time and compile each time till you find which one is the bad one.
As I said in the question, I already did this, basically manually removing all offsets in the totals and there was also a problem, unless you turned off the offset group itself. It happened 2-3 times when I found a problematic disp, but as I included others, it stopped compiling.

FamyCHoff

Oct 20, 2021
If you've used power 1 it'll stop the compile as it is an invalid value for displacements

The only ones you can use are 2, 3, and 4
Yes, I checked it and it turned out that way. Thanks a lot, finally solved this damn problem