CP Coldfront

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
cp_coldfront_btest10000.jpg

A new test version will be ready pending completion of the 3D skybox. I'm not going to release this version; I'm just going to put it up on the test server for one final test before hitting Beta.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I think it originated from Dr. Strangelove (But yes, I really liked those red lights in the background.)

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
warr-room.jpg

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the numerous small spotlights dotting the circumference of the solid light fixture. It would look pretty sweet though if you could get a custom halo particle effect. In fact, i'm pretty sure you could do that with env_beam and save yourself the custom particles if there's a decent white lazer sprite.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
05:12 - Kaiser Wilhelm: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/831776/cp_coldfront_b10000.jpg I think the fog is a little too thin
from steam chat. He left before I could respond (read: before dropbox loaded the image)

05:15 - PKMN Trainer YM: @icarus when was the last time you saw a building made of square planks
05:15 - PKMN Trainer YM: looks retarded

I won't sugarcoat it because I know you can take it. Those walls are letting the scene down big time. I mean BIG-time, they absolutely ruin all the work you put into that hut.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
lol :(

Just my luck: nobody bothered to mention this until I went beta. Not even during the Cpoint contest. Although, I must admit, I was like :O when you pointed that out to me just now.

Fortunately, It's just a beta, though, I can fix it up for the next version. Beta 1 is still a go.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Its a very easy fix though, should only take you 10 minutes to fix up the entire building.

Most people won't mind, since no one has said and everyone was ejaculating prematurely over it come the contest you can be sure that it's only a minority of people who care that the walls are stupidly thick.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
It is, but it's also just a beta.

EDIT: scratch that, I'll just recompile tomorrow morning.

I just really, really hate waiting for compiles.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
lol :(

Just my luck: nobody bothered to mention this until I went beta. Not even during the Cpoint contest. Although, I must admit, I was like :O when you pointed that out to me just now.

Fortunately, It's just a beta, though, I can fix it up for the next version. Beta 1 is still a go.

Icarus, I did. I can remember it clearly, but you said 'well it's a hut in the winter so the walls should be thick'.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I'm not a writer, and my blurb could use a little more comedy & content.

Prepare for a Cold War
This isolated area in the mountinous regions of the northwest has long been battered by brutal weather. Two corporations have decided to fight over a run down log cabin, possibly driven insane by the isolation. Forced into a standoff with armed rocket silos on each sides, both dispatches ragtag teams of mildly insane mercenaries to forcefully disarm the other warhead.

The five control points present in this map promise to switch hands fast and often in this straightforward map, designed with both competitive and public gameplay in mind (It's possible!). The multiple, varied access points to every area will ensure the skilled will be able flank and overpower anything that gets in thier way.

From the man who brought Waste and Vector into the world, Icarus Presents: CP_Coldfront.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
The parts in red need work:

Prepare for a Cold War
This isolated area in the mountinous regions of the northwest has long been battered by brutal weather. Two corporations have decided to fight over a run down log cabin, possibly driven insane by the isolation. Forced into a standoff with armed rocket silos on each sides, both dispatches ragtag teams of mildly insane mercenaries to forcefully disarm the other warhead.

The five control points present in this map promise to switch hands fast and often in this straightforward map, designed with both competitive and public gameplay in mind (It's possible!). The multiple, varied access points to every area will ensure the skilled will be able flank and overpower anything that gets in thier way.

From the man who brought Waste and Vector into the world, Icarus Presents: CP_Coldfront.

I was going to be nice, but Icarus. That was like TF2 fanfiction that collided with an IGN game review.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
In a mad battle over the world's only open-roof snow resort, BLU and RED built two opposing bases in the snowy heights. Quickly, the struggle caused the building to collapse even more, but teeth are gritted, snowboot laces are tightened and woolly hats are put on in this never-ending Cold War.

Presented to you by Icarus and LEGO.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Your description should be 20% story at most.

Don't start going into the cause of the conflict or anything, all you need to mention is that RED and BLU are fighting and there happens to be a cabin in a blizzard. Just a little more fancy-like.

Focus on presenting an interesting and unique setting (and, obviously, why your map is awesome to play).

Also, spellcheck.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
cold_promo.jpg

Coldfront (CP) (Beta)

Control Points
Objective:
To win each team must own all five Control Points.

Other Notes:
Control Points cannot be captured while they are locked.

Special Thanks:
Matt - Modular Elevator Model
Void - Icarus Airlines Poster
Flame
Youme
Kankle
2Barrels
tf2maps.net

Last edited: