CP Coldfront

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.
Feb 14, 2008
Looks awesome, though you could update your promo image in-line with Valve's more recent updates.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
I'd comment but I was kicked.

But seriously, I still find the area from middle CP to 2nd a bit bland. You going to do anything against that?

EDIT: I guess not.

Last edited:

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Very noticable were the awesome detailing, but also the clear drop in FPS which rather bothered me. It seemed to play fine, although I think the side-route to the second point (where the forward spawn is) needs a few more pointers because it's not really clear it's there if you're coming from the second point.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I have nothing to say.

Although I suppose I could mention that I like it a lot, which is really great coming from someone who gets quickly bored by 5CP maps. The middle is great - it's so unique and fun.

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
The map was so fun when I tried it with you last friday. It's not often I have that much fun in TF2. Great work!

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Because of a few bugs present in B1, B2 should have a fairly short turnaround.

Expect B2 early next week.

Sep 12, 2008
I think it's the last CP's elevator model. It doesn't look like an elevator but the prop name is waste_elevator_something, and it's used in badlands. I guess Icarus wanted a slightly modified version of it?

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
cp_coldfront_b10003.jpg

Weird shadow in that corner there?

Edit: Ignore weird language :p

Waster

L1: Registered
Jun 28, 2009
It has a very interesting setting. Looks really good and i should certainly play it to see how it works. On the last point however. For me it makes sense to put some window/glass at the back of the point so defenders couldnt simply stand behind the cp and spam there. Also the connections between cp1 and cp2 looks a bit boring. They are all at the same height level.

wolfiejo

L1: Registered
Dec 21, 2009
I played the map last night and just had to post.

I LOVE the Dr. Strangelove table!!!! :wow:

The map is available for nominate on BlackCompany.com server: 68.232.169.11:27015

I can't wait for when this map goes stock, I mean it HAS to. ;)

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
cp_coldfront_b20006.jpg

Download:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

Release Notes, B2
-Significantly improved FPS in outdoor areas
-Fixed players being able to switch classes using enemy spawnrooms
-Fixed ambient alarm sound randomly being heard all over the map
-Simplified entryway into CP2 from outside
--Removed redundant doorway into CP2
--Moved healthpack onto ground floor
--Replaced catwalk with staircase
--Added crates for players to climb onto the upper ledge
--(Testing) Added new side-route into CP2 from outside
-Fixed several broken overlays
-Reduced glare on silo lights

-Server operators are now able to disable the snow for all players with the following command:
-- ent_fire particle_snow stop
-- Temporary fix gauged towards competitive players. NOTE: Must be used every new round

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Valve really need to get off their bum and allow us to flag custom particles as weather effects. I requested this months ago and nowt has happened. :(

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Valve really need to get off their bum and allow us to flag custom particles as weather effects. I requested this months ago and nowt has happened. :(

If more of us request it then we might be heard!