L1: Registered
Feb 25, 2018
Any download links yet? :engienope:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Any download links yet? :engienope:

For the version teased in the last few posts? Not yet, I'm afraid.

For the versions before that? Definitely. Just hit the "Download" button at the top of the thread.

Enjinia Mio

Feb 25, 2018
For the version teased in the last few posts? Not yet, I'm afraid.

For the versions before that? Definitely. Just hit the "Download" button at the top of the thread.
oh... well ok

Enjinia Mio

Feb 25, 2018
:engiemeh:

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
Heh, the gifs may look nice but the current build is still a work in progress and crashes left and right if you don't try to do something as dastardly as picking up a shotgun while you have your melee out, among many other things. I'm going to need to iron this stuff out before another release.

G.bo

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 24, 2017
With the power invested as the 69th post, I bless this game!

This really is my 69th post, though. I love the idea of seeing crossover games like this, and I honestly hope that we see more things like this in the future. Some of those ideas (some may exist) being Super Scout 64 [currently just a video, but a full game would be rad], Track Fortress 2 [a racing game based off Mario Kart 64: name needs improvement], Demo Man [Mega Man remake using TF2 characters], 2Fortvania [enough said], and tons of other games that could be recreated with TF2's world! (I also understand that Nuclear Throne isn't retro, but I was thinking of old school games that might be easier to remake than, lets say, Skyrim.) Regardless, I wish you the best of luck and the highest of hopes from the bottom of my post!

Best of luck,
G.bo :payload:

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
owo whats this?
Cartcrawlers has entered turbo development mode which means there may be a build coming out next week!

I've started a discord channel so I can keep you up to date without spamming tf2maps

https://discord.gg/kV2sMWB
doublednkgif.gif

Last edited:

G.bo

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 24, 2017
Cartcrawlers has entered turbo development mode which means there may be a build coming out next week!

OOOOOH SHIT BOYS AND GIRLS, WE* GETTIN A NEW BUILD

*might be

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
My release goal for a playable build is Friday.

It will probably be very jank and missing some features.

Heres what to expect:
- Most unique scout items working and setup
- Soldier Pyro and Demo working but lacking most non-stock items
- Barely working leaderboards
- 3 zones in various stages of completeness

If you want to keep up to date on the going ons, or want to request that certain items make it into this early build, drop on by the discord https://discord.gg/kV2sMWB

unknown.png

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
Quick question, what language/program is this made in? Also, are you going to make it open source?

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
I'm using the Godot 2 game engine for this project https://godotengine.org/
Godot 3 is out now, although porting the project would require a rewrite so I won't be doing that.

The language is gdscript which is a godot specific one, its similar to python.

I don't know about open-sourcing it, besides future plans to re-use the codebase for a future commercial project, it would make the leaderboards trivially easy to hack.

Also anyone reading my code might become less intelligent. Building off code from the 72hour gamejam doesn't help things either.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
I'll flesh out this post in a bit with all the details later.

In the mean time heres a copy paste from the discord channel.
(https://discord.gg/kV2sMWB)

Gearing up for the release of cartcrawlers 0.3!

Lets get into those new features

Working Leaderboards: If you place in the top 10ish your name will show up in the rankings area of the menu.

New Weapons: Every Class has new toys to discover, additionally the pyro now spawns with a flaregun, instead of the shotgun.

New Enemy, Shocktrys, these slow moving electrical foes will sting if you get too close. Don't try to kill them with a melee weapon though, they will shock you even if you are out of their normal attack range.

The cart will now heal you with a visible medibeam, aint that neat.
Many bugs have been fixed and the game is much better at cleaning up for itself between rounds.

Additionally, the underlying engine has been updated from Godot2 to Godot3. This should boost performance somewhat, leme know if you have any problems.

Read the rest of this update entry...

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
At some point maybe, the other classes have mechanics that are hard to translate into the gamemode

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
Cartcrawlers 0.3.1 is out
This is a bugfix update for 0.3 to fix many of gamebreaking issues that players were running into with version 0.3

Changelog:

You now drop your held weapon when you pickup a new one if you already have 2 weapons

Cacti are less invulnerable.

Weapon Mod Items no longer block your shots

Starting a new round no-longer leaves you without ammo

Flamethrower ammo is now obtainable

Collecting ammo with a melee weapon now grants some of every kind of ammo (instead of nothing and "splashTest")

Max ammo pools have been increased

Ammo packs give a little more ammo than they used to

menus no-longer offset wierdly between rounds

fire sentry bots now respect the game being paused

the starting with ascattergun bug is fixed

the loch shouldn't be a scattergun anymore (in theory)

sir nukes is now less suicidal

and a few other minor things

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
Changelog:
Cart Infinite Points expolit has been fixed
Pause menu now centers itself
2 Newenemies, may or maynot be OP
Rocks now spriteswap to match the zone theyare in
Nerfed Bison a little
Buffed damage of enemy attacks somewhat
More enemies spawn when you loop
Rocketlauncher reload speed fixed adjusted
spawns for some weapons and mods
Sir Nuke's deflector bullets work again
Along with other minor changes.

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
A great game, but I'm having an ongoing issue: At some point in every run, the cart will just stop moving, and become unable to be pushed. At the same time, the console will spam Error.PNG
As you may have guessed, this is a little frustrating.
Aside from that, awesome!

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
Cartcrawlers 0.4 is up, this version doesn't have many new features but fixes issues with many of the old ones.

- The engie boss fight has been improved, he now has voicelines and a unique attack
- MUSIC, is now on by default, I also added some tracks
- Implemented a new font. And extended the text label system.
- Fixed most of the major bugs and greatly polished the inventory.
- Weapon mods have new sprites and look like robo parts (kinda)
- nerfed bison
- unless set otherwise, the screen resolution will try to autodetect your screen size.
- Fire bullets now use shader fun fx
- Among other minor fixes and changes.

the boi

Jul 22, 2018
Hey I just wanted to report 2 glitches

The scout's pistol can shoot through walls

and if you were to drop the soldier's conch or the heavys sanvitch and then repick them up they will be fully charged no matter what.

also I just bought a chest you are meant to spend money on for -1

Last edited: