Canopy

KotH Canopy rc2

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
WE'RE (ALMOST) NOT IN ALPHA ANYMORE

Alpha A4A Released! https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84556731/koth_torque/koth_torque_a4a.bsp.bz2

I've detailed 90% of the map so far... this will probably be the last iteration before beta. Hope you all enjoy! The map will get an official rename once it hits beta. "Torque" isn't the best name, I'll probably go for "amazon", "canopy", or "piranha". Those are all pretty cool names.

Changelog:
Detailed a ton
Displacements everywhere!
Jungle everywhere!
Optimized a little
Clips
General flow optimizations
A few discreet layout changes

Last edited:

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
ADMIN - Please change the name of this thread to "Canopy" if possible. Thanks.

BETA 1 RELEASED - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84556731/koth_torque/koth_canopy_b1.bsp.bz2

Changelog:
- Detailed remainder of dev-textured buildings
- Prepared geometry for a future 3D-skybox pass
- Displaced most of the cliffs
- General fixes and changes
- Minor clipping and optimization changes
- Minor fog changes and rendering distances for various objects changed

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2012
As you're in beta now....

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_forest/train_tunnel_01.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/jungle/bushcluster01b.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/jungle/bushcluster01b.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_trainyard/train_loader001.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_mining/crane001_small.mdl)

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
I ran the map on my servers as a test. It looks like a good map so far but couple of things bothered me.

First of all, you can snipe to enemy spawn from right side, from long distance. Effectively stops the enemy advancing fast.

Another thing is that if the other team caps the point, pushes a bit forward, the middle is quite easy to hold as attacking from lower area to higher (CP itself) is harder than from going up to down. Perhaps adding a higher spot to attack to middle could fix it. Like here , perhaps extend the concrete wall from left to this block will block most of the enemy team attacking so easily and stopping the other team from attacking.

Perhaps moving this door from left to middle might affect people not using the middle route hardly at all.

Just something to consider.

Snack Patrol

L1: Registered
Jul 25, 2012
I don't really post here much, so sorry if I'm breaking any rules but I think I found some errors in the map. I took 2 screenshots to show them. I think they have to do with cubemaps? I'm an extremely novice mapper but I seem to recall that's usually why this happens. I turned HDR off and got the same effect. Anyway, here's the screenshots:

WHmO9ec.jpg

tVpVkS6.jpg

I don't know if it's my computer or not but I rarely run into this issue. Anyway, the rest of the map is gorgeous, hopefully this is fixed in a future release. Later.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
That cubemap or whatever error has been popping up randomly in maps I compile, probably has to do with TF2 creating a new, identically-named version of the map in a separate folder after I compile cubemaps and me taking the wrong version of the map to pack. However, it's quite weird in the case that a lot of other people don't have this issue on maps I make, while others DO. I'll compile a newer version in the next few days (or weeks depending on how busy I get) so that I can see what happens. I'll be extra careful to pack in the version with cubemaps compiled. Thanks for the feedback.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
I completely forgot to do a release post for this, didn't I?

koth_canopy_b3a

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84556731/koth_torque/koth_canopy_b3a.bsp.bz2

- added cover
- optimized
- various detail tidbits
- blocked sightlines to spawn
- changed various things I can't remember

either b4 will come out soon or i'll jump straight to rc1. all I really need to do is fix various issues, make a better 3d skybox and displace more and it'll probably be ready.

phi

aa
Nov 6, 2011
From the workshop version:
20161122144534_1.jpg
(only on red side)

Very nice looking, and now I'm just wondering what else you have up your magic sleeves...

Thanks for the notice, going to correct shortly.

EDIT: Corrected. Let me know if anything else is up.

Last edited: