Assignment Frenzy #2: Magnificent Tunnel

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Doors usually come with a static frame and dynamic door piece. That already reaches the limit before you've created your exit.

I don't mind tex lights but with everyone using them... meh. The number one reason newbie maps look shit is because there are no lamps or windows and we're being forced to make brush based versions :/ it's less than difficult because there are obvious alternatives and more just plain annoying.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
1: the timeanddate.com link is for 0100 UTC on Monday, not the correct time.

2: about the lights/doors/etc, this isn't the last assignment, people. This isn't "Detailing: Tunnel Edition", you are supposed to stretch your mind and do something different with your creativity to make a "magnificent tunnel".

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
af2_frozen0002.jpg

Meh, alright. Few hours in.

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
Reposting what i said from TF2M chat in the hopes that someone does it:
TheHarriboKid: I just had this great idea for an assignment map but there's no way I have the time to do it
TheHarriboKid: one side of the tunnel is a huge heavy mouth that opens, the tunnel is the heavy's digestive system with huge brush based sandwiches etc and well, you can guess what the other end of the tunnel is :p

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Do we have to make the player stay IN the tunnel?
Like, say there's a cave in, and the player has to go through a side tunnel, through some stuff and back into the main tunnel to exit? Would that be okay?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Do we have to make the player stay IN the tunnel?
Like, say there's a cave in, and the player has to go through a side tunnel, through some stuff and back into the main tunnel to exit? Would that be okay?

Anything that you can enter in one end and exit in the other. It does not have to dug out of a mountain or through the ground!
According to the rules the "tunnel" may be of any shape or size but not have any sky.

I think that means yes you can do what you are wanting, because the traditional idea of a tunnel is not even the definition here.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008