Art pass extension

Jun 19, 2009
Ugh. I really don't want an extension... Giving "everyone" another week doesn't help the people who are already done / will be done by Saturday. It actually hurts those people since they originally had a higher chance of winning due to the fact that people weren't finishing on time.

I really think an extension would ruin my only chance of winning.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
People like Mangy were in Japan, but Grim, on the other hand, has no excuse. As much as I feel sorry for Mangy, rules are rules.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
Grim, on the other hand, has no excuse

is like sayin: "sorry for trying a new theme. next time do something generic that'll cost you less time in research" :\

that said I'm not in favor of an extension but I do wish grim had more time to develop his style

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2009
People like Mangy were in Japan, but Grim, on the other hand, has no excuse. As much as I feel sorry for Mangy, rules are rules.

I admit I didnt manage time well; lesson learned, but I wouldnt mind some extra time for some polishing. Maybe just a week.

I doubt im getting it though, so back to work!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I wouldnt mind some extra time for some polishing.

Isn't that what this entire contest was about... us polishing Valve's map. For 3 months.

God of Rock

L2: Junior Member
Feb 17, 2010
I would like some more time honestly. Even though I dont have a map thread, I am making some art for one of the mappers. And I am really busy with other crap too.

Even like 3 days would be nice. Anything at all

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
You have until Saturday. That's three days.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
is like sayin: "sorry for trying a new theme. next time do something generic that'll cost you less time in research" :\

that said I'm not in favor of an extension but I do wish grim had more time to develop his style

I will be finished by the deadline. Having a new theme is no excuse.

Retroid

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 25, 2009
You have until Saturday. That's three days.

moon-stares-at-link-in-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask.jpg

Is how I imagine I'd be feeling if I'd entered.

Also zpqrei, have you had any talks with Valve about a full blown map competition after this?

Retroid

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 25, 2009
you played the song of time!
------------------------------
-->----------->--------------
----------V------------V-----
------A------------A---------

damnit! why is it not working!

It did work but you're playing it on the first day meaning that you only went back a couple of hours and those few extra bits of work you did do weren't saved (in true MM fashion). Also we've taken the Ocarina of you for messing with everybody's head.

Completely off-topic but it reminded of this: http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2010/09/majora.html

If any of you have the time (which is pretty doubtful) I suggest reading it at night and then watch the creepy MM vids at the bottom.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
I think you should've worked harder during the past 2 months instead of working way too much on it the last days (like naughty Beatz who played too much SC2 with me therefore he now has to work on it all day :D).
So in mine opinion there shouldn't be an extension, because I saw people working good/hard on it from start, and they are finished now (yeah I know that it is sometimes not possible to work on it all the time, like Mangy being in Japan at the beginning I think? but yeah).

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Oh dear not this again.

Deadlines are deadlines. You can't just ask for an extension for every contest.

If anything, the 2+ months everyone got was a bit overboard.

I understand how you must feel but you are the one who decided to enter this contest knowing full well you wouldn't have as much time as everyone else. It might have been different if you tried negotiating an extension at a much earlier date, but this is just far too close to the end.

None of the entrants who worked hard to be ready for the deadline should have to wait for those who can't observe deadlines.

You wouldn't believe how unbelievably annoying it was to finish Vector on time only to see another month's extension in the weeks before the deadline.

Last edited: