Anyone have a good forklift model for TF2 I could use?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Maximum_Bloop, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Maximum_Bloop

Maximum_Bloop L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I have a map that I've been working on and I need a forklift for it. The forklift model I downloaded won't work so I need a replacement model or precise instructions on how to make the original model work (the original model had missing textures)

2. Tiftid

Tiftid L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I assume you have missing textures because you didn't copy the materials folder into the right location, or something like that.
    There's an easy way to avoid mishaps like this - using tf/custom for custom content if you don't already. For instance, here I've created a new folder in tf/custom, and in this new folder I can put the materials and models folders from the zip file, and it works perfectly after I restart hammer.

upload_2021-6-7_18-24-12.png

This methodology is also helpful for remembering crediting - if I somehow get a map to go official, I need to know who I credit as a workshop contributor, so I just go to my tf/custom directory and see which models I've used in my map.

As for alternatives, there's this nifty edit of the mercenary park one that removes the logo.

3. Maximum_Bloop

Positive Ratings:
    upload_2021-6-7_11-59-34.png
    So I did that. It still doesn't want to render the texture Pls help @Tiftid thx dude

4. XEnderFaceX

aa XEnderFaceX

Positive Ratings:
    You have to drag/drop the "materials" and "models" folders from the Zip file into this "tf" folder, then it should work

Attached Files:

• 43.jpg
      43.jpg
      File size:
      226.3 KB
      Views:
  5. Maximum_Bloop

Positive Ratings:
    doing all of this actually makes it worse. It makes it so that it doesn't recognize that the file exists. I can't delete my tf/downloads folder because it contains stuff for a server i play on. I genuinely think that the file i downloaded must have been corrupted cause that's the only thing that makes any sense. I'm getting very frustrated

6. DrSquishy

aa DrSquishy ???

Positive Ratings:
    What are the paths of your custom files from the /tf/ folder? You shouldn't be using the /download/ folder for custom content - that's mostly for server-sourced content.
    If you really think it may be a corrupted download, delete the five /model/props_vehicles/ files for the forklift and the six /materials/models/props_vehicles/ files, then redownload extract the assets into the correct location again and see if anything changes, however I think it's worth checking that everything is definitely in the right place first.