CP Antiquity B18

Cambodian Theme, started in 2010 and revised in 2017

1. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    I've seen that happen to cabinets on a few maps, including official ones. Just a random glitch I think. Like sideways doors.

2. Wilson

aa Wilson Burial by Sleep

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, it is random glitch, like sometimes doors begin resupply cabinet models, or vice versa.
    Nothing he can do.

3. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry, I'm firmly in the "game-breaking" camp on that one. There's plenty of long sightlines so snipers really shouldn't feel left out. Especially around CP2. :)

I might shift one of the cabinets forward. Will have to see after I get a chance to work on B5.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  4. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    Hoping to have B5 released tonight or tomorrow. I've already reduced time to mid by 2 seconds (it now takes heavy the exact same time to reach as cp_badlands). I also reworked the visgroups to make future changes easier.

Also changed the placement of the first forward spawns so that all spawn exits face mid. And various other fixes.

Final compile will depend on how quickly my current immense headache subsides. :|

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    A day late cause I had some problems with an areaportal caused by cloning it improperly. Also, I was screwing around with an env_sun (never got it working, gave up on it and just used the skybox prop).

B5 Changes:

* Removed out of place light on red's last point
    * Fixed some minor visual errors in the skybox
    * Added sun to skybox
    * Changed large healthkit to medium
    * Tweaked cover placement at mid
    * Tweaked arch/statuary at CP2
    * reduced distance to mid (~2 seconds for vanilla heavy)
    * added areaportalwindow to help optimize CP1/5
    * Added spectator camera
    * Added camera props to locations with camera views
    * Reordered the main spawnroom's entities to be sequential (left to right)
    * First forward spawn now faces mid

As always, let me know of problems. In particular, if I screwed up the packing of it.

[Edit] Oh, and have a link to a large overhead (700+ kb). Huzzah for cl_leveloverview!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/764491/maps_tf2/antiquity_overview.png

6. CafeineMan

CafeineMan L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Wow !! Awesome job !!! Now a futur classic like fastlane or badland !
    Love it ! :love: !!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    Looks effin' sweet! :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    Apparently I have been handling capture point timing entirely and completely wrong, resulting in longer in-game times than expected. Corrected in the latest version, amoung other things, and moved to RC1.

Download link in first post.

RC1:

* Cap times corrected (CP3 = 24, CP2 = 12, CP1 = 4)
    * Crates at mid changed to ramp (no more jumping to reach)
    * Added walkway to top of mid point (all class access)
    * Fixed clipping at various exploitable spots
    * Added "Capture Zone" overlays

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Mr. Wimples

Mr. Wimples L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Did you ever release the Khmer head models for download? I'm greatly interested in using them for my Build Around The Track map. Theme just looks great, what can I say.

10. zor

zor L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Not working

Hey !
    I'm trying to run antiquity RC on our server, which is running linux.

Everything is up to date, pretty common plugins (MM/SM/UMC/GS). Everyone misses your awesome map !

Trouble is, as soon as server switches to it, the server freezes (after showing cvars in console). I triple checked the files were correct, and I believe they are.

Server freezes before client attempt to download the map from mirror.

How can I troubleshoot this ? Am I the only one ?

Other custom maps work fine.

11. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    I don't believe anyone has ever reported a crash due to the map before, and I've played it quite a few times on various servers with a full or nearly full playerload. Did it happen with versions prior to rc1?

I would try deleting it and re-uploading in case the file became corrupted somehow. Also make sure it's named "cp_antiquity_rc1" without any capital letters as those can mess with linux builds.

[edit] Also, is this with downloading the bz2 or the bsp? Whichever one, try using the other and see if that helps.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  12. zor

zor L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    OK I met success ! I downloaded the bz2, got the BSP back using "bunzip2 --keep", and map is loading correctly. Can't wait to play it again :)

Also : cheers !

13. bro1017

bro1017 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Don't know is you can help, but:
    On my mac, Every time my server switches to your map, it states "cannot CRC" or something along those lines. And yes, I've also tried downloading it here. I've played it on my PC before and loved it, but is there anything you can do to help?

14. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    No idea, I never heard of this before now. From a google search, it looks like this is not a problem due to a specific map but can happen on a mac for any custom map in any source game. The solution is to delete your copy and download a new one, but doesn't always work. Link Link

Also spotted this comment:

And of course, make sure "Allow all downloads" is selected in options.

Other than that, I dunno.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. bro1017

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I think the problem is the .bz2 thing. I've played pl_obscure just fine before, which is in the whole <mapname>.bsp.bz2 format, yet I cannot play this or other maps which are uncompressed for me, such as swiftwater.

Maybe you could compress it here, if it isn't too much trouble...

EDIT: O Yea and I didn't know if you knew, but somehow this made it into the TF2 wiki, despite never getting posted on the TF2 blog or being used in comp. play. http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Antiquity
    Probably due to STAR's video, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79c4o1kA1Uc

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  16. mk_rules1

mk_rules1 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    omg very nice i love the theme you have going keep up the good work.

17. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    Hmm, I thought bz2 was compressed though. The Gamebanana entry has both the bz2 and the unpacked bsp (honestly don't remember why I did that there and not here, heh). Which format do you want if not bsp or bz2? Zip?

@mk_rules1 Thankya. :)

18. bro1017

Positive Ratings:
    ...And now I feel like an idiot. :bored:
    First, I just did this all today: I tried deleting the map, but also noticed that there was a .bz2 copy in my maps folder, so I tried using just that and...
    It registered as not even being on my system's list of maps.
    Then I double clicked the compressed file, just for kicks, out popped a new map, and It ran like a charm. My old map was probably just a bad copy...

So sorry for any trouble...

19. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    No trouble! I'm glad you worked it out. :)

20. Rizz

Rizz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Antiquity is another example of an amazing map that's seeped back into the depths of the void, unnoticed and unplayed. This is very unfortunate because it's such an amazing map, it has it's own theme that fits in just right with Team Fortress 2. The gameplay is also quite fun (I've played it once with people... lol).

Hopefully with this new update, it'll bring a new light to a lot of these gems and perhaps Valve will accept this into their graces.
    Overall, this map is awesome! 'Just wish more people would host custom maps out there (talking to you Skial!).

• Thanks Thanks x 1