Alexandria

CTF Alexandria a5

Aspennly

L1: Registered
Oct 15, 2017
Aspennly submitted a new resource:

Alexandria - Invade CTF right outside the ancient city of Alexandria

Welcome to Alexandria ! Or at least a small island across the Nile from it. Here Red & Blue team find themselves in a re-creation of a completely fictional battle in the Hellenistic period. Grab the flag, capture the enemy team's point, and watch yourself score (and explode).

Alexandria is an Invade CTF point with a capture point flag-cap zone, designed for Ye Olde Contest.

Made & designed in...

Read more about this resource...

Aspennly

Oct 15, 2017
Aspennly updated Alexandria with a new update entry:

Flag changes & sounds

Still have a lot of things to fix ! My technical know-how isn't the best so bare with me ! In the mean time here's a few tweaks & changes for the gamelogic to facilitate a further back & forth and to try to make the gamemode clearer:

-Moved the capture point holograms onto their respective capturepoints to make it clearer to players that it's the intended cap spot. (Originally they were in a dev room in the skybox.)
-Lowered respawnwave times.
-(Hopefully) fixed the team's CTF radars from...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Aspennly

Oct 15, 2017

Capping isn't so impossible now ! Also hud stuff.

Finally figured out the logic behind getting the control points to have elements while mixing it with the player destruction logic to still have an active score display, after remaking all of the old gamelogic from the ground up as somehow I managed to make the map crash on any team win with the old logic>?>>????

Also apologies for the last version ! Turns out decreasing the respawnwaves massively unsurprisingly makes a cap like this, next to impossible to achieve haha (even with the...

Aspennly

Oct 15, 2017

Moving the point & respawn timers.

Just some gamelogic tweaks, alongside moving the point to the middle of each team's fort to hopefully make it easier to cap.

-Fixed a bug where the flagholder could trigger their own capture region to enable via new filters for flag pickups.
-Made 3 new logic relays based on red/blue picking up the flag & red drop with new outputs.
-Respawnwaves now are both smaller than they were and get adjusted based on flag pickups
-Added a team_round_timer of 15 minutes. Paired with new gamelogic to...

Aspennly

Oct 15, 2017

bleghh I'm sick so tldr update thread

-Increased cap timer from 1 to 2 seconds
-Altered some map detailing
-Hopefully fixed the bell sound playing for too long
-Mildly adjusted respawnwave times for flag carriers by one second (?)
-Fixed soundscape not playing(?)
-Fixed some clipping issues
-Decreased flag reset time(?)
-Added blockout detailing to red spawn

Questionmarks are me being uncertain on if I did those. I'll confirm later but they should be done.

Aspennly

Oct 15, 2017

I got carried away detailing wise

-Fixed the fuse sound playing after a capture.
-Changed the flag reset timer from 30 seconds to 20 seconds, lowering the amount of time it takes the flag to turn neutral by 5 seconds.
-Fixed some rock clipping.
-Added custom soundscripts for fort-yards, interiors, & the valley.
-Added more detailing for both the blue/red sides of the map.
-Added spectator cams.
-Made the barrels inside of teamspawns breakable.
-Hopefully fixed the water visuals this time around.
-Changed the bomb explosion...

Plainz

L3: Member
Apr 13, 2020
i don't remeber what version i played exactly, i think it was a4. Very spot on layout, great use of dropdowns, still couldn't figure out exactly how the bomb works.
Also i already sense excelent detailing!