72hr Mapping Contest #3 - Starts June 29th!

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Just saying that yes, I will start from a game mode entity setup I already made (unlike last year where I made the SCP setup from scratch which cost a lot of time)

Thats fine, and thats why I'm allowing pre-fab entities. I want the contest to be about mapping, not about getting entities to work. It isn't cool losing an hour or two because you have to rebuild your ents twice.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Okay, with the KoTH competition underway, I need to clarify things.

1) You are allowed to make a KoTH map for the 72hr contest and use it in the KoTH contest, there will be no penalty if you work on it during judging.
2) Since we have 2 contest running, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put the tag 72_ infront of your thread title! The contest entries forum is going to get really busy in the next few weeks and I want to make sure that everything is clear.

Thanks everyone.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Okay, with the KoTH competition underway, I need to clarify things.

1) You are allowed to make a KoTH map for the 72hr contest and use it in the KoTH contest, there will be no penalty if you work on it during judging.
2) Since we have 2 contest running, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put the tag 72_ infront of your thread title! The contest entries forum is going to get really busy in the next few weeks and I want to make sure that everything is clear.

Thanks everyone.

Oh, so we put 72_ as the prefix for threads, but _72 as the suffix for map naming? That makes sense.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
Thats fine, and thats why I'm allowing pre-fab entities. I want the contest to be about mapping, not about getting entities to work. It isn't cool losing an hour or two because you have to rebuild your ents twice.

just making sure here, do "prefab entities" include a prefabricated path_track? (BATT style)

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
just making sure here, do "prefab entities" include a prefabricated path_track? (BATT style)

I doubt it. batt style path_tracks are more related to layout than they are to prefab entity logic imo.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Going to rebump this really quick because I've had a couple people come and ask me about it.

Even with all the pyro shenanigans going on, and the likelyhood of an update, THE DATE OF THE CONTEST WILL NOT CHANGE. Unless you have talked to me already (which is 1 of you), the contest is starting at 12:00 Noon, EST. Friday June 29th.

For those of you who wanted to start early, and didn't talk to me before June 22nd, I can not accept your submissions.
If you are not sure when to start, the countdown clock and timezone converter are updated.

Last edited:

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
If anyone's interested, I've detailed the development of my entry - I started early due to other commitments on the 29th - in my thread. Included some lessons I learnt - maybe someone will find this helpful.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Also, is anyone opposed to UStream being used for a streaming solution?

I'd personally recommend Own3D with the XSplit Broadcaster program, it's quite neat if you want to have dual-screen setups and stuff, or a split view of a webcam and screen, but it's up to you.

Also, my new mousepad arrived, lets see how much I wear into this thing over the weekend:

XDWl3.jpg