WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Now all you have to do is fit it around the players head.
I am not sure if you are referencing that or something else, but in Fallout 3, due to limitations of the engine, the moving trains in one of the DLCs were made as follows: there has been a head equipment item with a model of a train that was put on the heads of NPCs, themselves buriend in the ground, that were then made moving with the appropriate speed - NPCs were about the only thing allowed to be dynamic in the engine.
upload_2017-5-17_18-24-47.png

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
My memory screwed with me, in fact. The hack is even worse, because the thing was worn by the player, so their view is inside a train, and the player is moving, which pretty much created an illusion of player riding the train while the engine had no vehicle system.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014

NightyMoon

L1: Registered
May 14, 2017
Well, if something is stupid but works..., then that's not stupid, still weird idea..., how player did walk inside a train if that train was on players head? or train was just to travel from point A to B without moving inside?

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
duArOlE.png

Soon to be running over players and robots in a map near you!
Thank god you're using a pantograph instead of some diesel stuff. We need more electric rail type of stuff in TF2. Trams like this, locomotives, EMUs (Electric Multiple Unit aka electric train without a dedicated loc), overhead wires, heck throw in some nice looking switches as well (instead of the single straight pieces of track we have now).

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Also yeah, decided to finally share my progress on a something
Once upon a time, you see, I had hoped for a decent lighting system for models.
In source.
20170517214728_1.jpg
20170517214703_1.jpg

NightyMoon

May 14, 2017
This is a nice thing..., all of that are props or something created with brushes? Will it be playable map or that's for contest?

FancySnacks

Aug 16, 2016
Jj4nDsv.jpg

At first it started as a detail practice, some sort of biolab or research facility I guess. But now I really want to turn it into a real map, perhaps a map for custom gamemode.

(I know it's a hammer screenshot, don't hurt me pls)

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Thank god you're using a pantograph instead of some diesel stuff. We need more electric rail type of stuff in TF2. Trams like this, locomotives, EMUs (Electric Multiple Unit aka electric train without a dedicated loc), overhead wires, heck throw in some nice looking switches as well (instead of the single straight pieces of track we have now).

There are actually already overhead wires in the game. However they're not very flexible. I have modified them to be modular and I will be releasing them along with the train at the end of the contest.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
There are actually already overhead wires in the game. However they're not very flexible. I have modified them to be modular and I will be releasing them along with the train at the end of the contest.
Wait really? What map uses them, because I've never seen them.

NightyMoon

May 14, 2017
Know that's hammer and that's very very early alpha without even spawns yet but worked on this RED tree for almost 30 hours and wanted some advice as that's not only a spawn point. On the bottom up to that lower bridge with gate and 1 floor higher where there is another gate inside a tree, all of that is a spawn area for RED. Everything above that point is for both teams, on the top floor gonna be intel and in plans to get there for BLU is just this tiny long bridge in front of camera and for jumpers there gonna be 2 balconys, one lower and one higher so if someone is a demo or skilled soldier they can get up there. Now the question is, is one way up for non-jumping classes enough?, can BLU capture it if RED would decide to never go outside of their tree but insteed put on every floor up a massive sentry nest? Also if one way up is not enough and got idea, please try to not say "more bridges", there's no place to drill that tree anymore, way on the cliff is only from right side from where took this screenshot so bridges on left side of the tree would be pointless.... but idea is an idea, so yeah... any ideas?

RED_tree.png

B!scuit

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 12, 2016
Just make sure the ways in for non-jumping classes aren't ridiculously easy to camp,
A long thin bridge into a narrow doorway should not be the main entrance, ever.

Jul 5, 2016
Ok so i'm sick of propper not working. Would someone like to compile some basic rock props for me? You can use them freely if you don't take credit.

Jul 5, 2016
Also can someone take a screenshot of the tf2 configuration in hammer for me? I fucked it up. It's important because I need hammer working for a school project.

Last edited: