WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Tydax

L1: Registered
Apr 23, 2009

Ross_C

Feb 19, 2009
Not exactly eye candy, but this is a screenshot of my environment test map. I'm building the current base/skeleton of my map and I decided to see if I could actually get the atmosphere/environment light that I wanted in a test map.
2817bxf.jpg

I'm working on a arena map which is based primarily in a volcanic environment, thus lava and volcanoes inbound.

Quick question, I tried searching around here and on google but I can't really find the answer. How can you recreate the smoketrails similar to the ones above the bases in the Well? I basically just want to make that with larger scaled particles to create volcanoes in the distance? I've tried env_smokestack and env_smoketrail, but none seem to really work.

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
Quick question, I tried searching around here and on google but I can't really find the answer. How can you recreate the smoketrails similar to the ones above the bases in the Well? I basically just want to make that with larger scaled particles to create volcanoes in the distance? I've tried env_smokestack and env_smoketrail, but none seem to really work.

They are info_particle_systems with the name:
smoke_blackbillow_skybox or
smoke_whitebillow_skybox

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Not exactly eye candy, but this is a screenshot of my environment test map. I'm building the current base/skeleton of my map and I decided to see if I could actually get the atmosphere/environment light that I wanted in a test map.
2817bxf.jpg

I'm working on a arena map which is based primarily in a volcanic environment, thus lava and volcanoes inbound.

I hope that's not the lighting you're going for in that screen. It's too dark and everything is "redscale"

Ross_C

Feb 19, 2009
I hope that's not the lighting you're going for in that screen. It's too dark and everything is "redscale"

The Actual map is going to be fairly well lit, and I'm balancing out the red scale by having BLU's side of the map be more cooled melted rock, with more grays than brown dirt.

uma plata

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 20, 2009
Fun with the Z axis:

fueldev.jpg

fueldev2.jpg

Calling it cp_fuel. Single stage, 3 point A/D Capture Point

A1 coming soon

Laggy

L2: Junior Member
May 28, 2009
aab0000.jpg

This is what you get when you have bad lighting... You get the Iron Giant

iron_giant.jpg

Last edited:

Steff0o

May 31, 2009
Some screenies of my current project: pl_volcano
pl_volcano_pra0000.jpg

pl_volcano_pra0001.jpg

pl_volcano_pra0002.jpg

pl_volcano_pra0003.jpg

pl_volcano_pra0004.jpg

pl_volcano_pra0005.jpg

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Here's my latest WiP, gonna take me a while to finish, but I plan on making this my first map release ever! =)

17856336.png

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009

PL-7764

Aug 4, 2009

I haven't revealed what this is yet, but expect it soon...

(I know the sun is on the opposite side of the map from the apparent light source. This is being fixed. :p)

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
FOR SALE:

1 Generic industrial instillation. Covers a wide range of uses, from logging and mining to transportation and storage. Unique features include secret underground spybase and a stockpile of thermonuclear warheads.

Slight water damage.

pl_floodblah_demo.jpg

This is a small "doodle" I've done to get a feeling for the style of my next map. It's a single stage Payload map like Badwater Basin, and its in a partially flooded spybase. The bombcart is even wholly submerged for a short stint (don't worry, I'm planned it so that Pyros are still useful on this map)

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
MarshmileCP1.png

Just something I'm working on, felt I had to get this picture out even though there's obviously so much wrong with it..

Speaking as a currently capped browser, could people in future resize their pictures?