WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
bilziu.png

Started working on my map again, Some layout done, alot more needed to be done.

Tydax

L1: Registered
Apr 23, 2009
Hello there. I'm working on a snowy and alpine payload map, so I have nearly finished the first BLU Spawn, here are some screens :

This is my first map, I hope i'll finish it. Do you like it? Why or why not?
I need some help, i'm trying to make some displacements but they look really ugly :/ , can someone help me or give me tips?

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Tydax. Nice looking spawn room. Might wanna put some blu 'paint' overlays on parts of the walls so the wet paint sign makes sense.

You should make a thread in the maps section and keep posting progress. While that room looks nice it's impossible to say whether or not I like the map.

Displacements aren't to bad once you get the hang of them. Reading a good tut and practicing is the best way to figure them out.

bittman

Dec 7, 2008
@Anton: Area around Cp1 is inside? It also looks way too chokepointed and only has one entrance from the overhead. Otherwise it looks alright, very badwater.

@Tydax: Oh wow, a spawn room with some attention to detail. For that you have my praise.

T

The Asylum

Because I am delightfully insane, I have made a fully-functional bowling alley in Hammer.

How I can use this to make a fair and balanced map (or even how to play it) is still a mystery to me, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
Very WiP, not skybox all around yet, so very limited angles :[

quality_0002.jpg

quality.jpg

Half of my 5CP map

Last edited:

Tydax

Apr 23, 2009
I really need your snow effect, i need snow particles, and I love yours, Acegikmo. But it may be too detailled imo.
Btw, my map, pl_altitude, is going on slowly, but I'm working outside. Here is a screenshot of my works :