WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
But I would say that the fog is just a bit too thick. I don't think the bot models have the same definition as the normal player models, so clarity is a must.
I know its a bit thick. i took the fog distance that was the same as in cp_egypt but in this case its clearly too much.
Rule of thumb the walls of my buildings range from 192 ~ 256 in height and 8~32 in thickness. You can go taller with wall height of course, depends on the situation.
Also, especialy for beginners its well advised to take a look in the decompiled maps. They can give a much better indication of scale than numbers can.

ErickShock

L1: Registered
Aug 23, 2015
Working on my first map... My first idea was to try something like KOTH, but the mid became so large and open that I switched to a 5CP map. It's still in very early development, but I think the central point is almost done (I still have to put more barriers/props to avoid too generous sniper spots).

TF2map_zpsotamochd.jpg~original

TF2map2_zpsb8h4pcib.jpg~original

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
In Hammer's options, there's a setting for adjusting the render distance of models in the 3D viewport so you don't see a bunch of boxes. Fyi.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
WIP Spawn Rooms

9gzz1nF.jpg

1NYfzMe.jpg

I'll reupload overflow's thread later.

CriminalBunny

Lasers are just deadly rainbows
aa
Oct 11, 2013
The most interesting spawnroom i've came up with so far:
tgNCFJS.png

a8Px5Di.png

c0rXQt5.png

LZthUgb.png

Don't panic, I hid all the tool brushes and triggers to make it easier to see the pictures
EDIT: I put the same picture twice :I

Last edited:

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
I bought a new house.
It don't have a door.
I got a new car.
I don't know what for.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
No, I'm saying that that house looks like it's from the deep south. Point out the differences and educate me

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Sure. It's something you can literally learn from Google images, it's that simple:

Most Southern houses are square, often like big cubes with triangles on top, and for some reason they fuckin' love Corinthian pillars. I don't know why.

F4POXHy.jpg kq0GE7E.jpg l3Bir5e.jpg oCdwvtI.jpg

Click 'em to expand 'em. These veer from the crazily stupid to the completely typical Southern mansion, which is really the level of home we're talking about. More boring versions of these houses litter the East coast, including New England.

Specifically coastal New England homes, though, are different.

31_1maine_bmw_cape_9962.jpg 41016566ead6b6e6aee5d640690772c1.jpg hero_59.jpg Maine-Beach-House-1.jpeg

These are much less just cubes and even go so far as to use non-square areas, such as rectangular or circular rooms on the side. These circular windows that extend out from the facade, bay windows, are a key element of basically any house on the coast anywhere in America. They sometimes have a covered porch, but unlike the Southern homes, rarely is there living space above the porch (and no fucking pillars). The attics are also more integrated into the living space in many cases. Very similar to the Southern homes, but a bit more interesting, I think.

Also, both New England and Southern houses were built with cupolas all over if the owner was rich enough. Cupolas are dope.

Auwi's house looks like a snowy New England home, so it makes sense.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
1nzKzpS.jpg

An image from the last point of Wildlife. I have a few things I want to change pertaining to spawn door direction, I'll get around to that, but for now I'm happy with it. I'm going to estimate this took me roughly 20 hours spread over about 3 days. It's pretty crazy how much displacements affect aesthetic. I still need to test the layout so I didn't want to get too crazy with any detail.

http://imgur.com/a/pXUCZ#0

Here's all 6 images. Phi should be finished connecting all of it together soon I suppose. I'm excited to see it played.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Thought it was a mid at first.

That's a pretty neat point design, by the way.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Boy do we need a set of proper siding textures. That house would look a lot nicer if it weren't sided like a barn.

ErickShock

L1: Registered
Aug 23, 2015
Pics of how the Central Point is looking in game.

2B6EB40C99BD0BCB86C9BAD24F89F914DA318677

478DC795B4D48C40FD87D174E6DD688C6532CD55

I think I'll change the shadows casting to make 'em parallel to the central bridge (but I still have to fully understand what those light_environment parameters do =P)