WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Some images from Kombu (the connector building of 1st and 2nd for anyone who knows the layout)
I think lighting may still need a bit of work though.
-kombu pics-

That's quite a lot of gray :v

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
I'm with Seba, that amount of gray is just flat out depressing. Maybe you could sneak a few browns in, or just something to break up the monotony....

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
You can download a vignette plugin for paint.net and create an alpha channel from that.
GIMP can also do alpha channels, but damned if I can figure out how to edit one without affecting the content of the others, which is kind of important here.

I feel like I should be offering a free service to people: Need something done to your texture that requires Photoshop or popular fonts you don't have or just more VTF savvy than you have? Send me your source file and tell me what you want done with it, and I'll send it back awesome.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
WIP detailing:

stadyhc.jpg

Everything you can't see is nodrawed.

Uncuepa

aa
Oct 25, 2014
WIP detailing:

stadyhc.jpg

Everything you can't see is nodrawed.

Very nice use of the powerhouse aesthetic. If I can suggest something, add a little more hazard yellow on the opposing wall. There's something about a bright yellow amongst industrial grey that is so appealing.

Maybe even more lighting on the yellow that is already there, just to make it pop.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
bf538ce6a8.jpg

this concrete block here looks a bit odd

I already changed it to fit the wall, it took me a while to realize I didn't like it.

Edit: Here's a little bit more cleaned up version, it's not all there, but it's slowly working itself towards what I want:

lRewZlE.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2010
Could this be a sneak peak of my HL2 puzzle mod? I think it might be.

5322c3ed96.jpg

And this crap puzzle which took me a weekend to make.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shogun

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 31, 2014
Well I aim the competitive audience with this map, we'll see how it works but it could be a lot of fun :thumbup1:

Just a word of advice, competitive players generally don't like snow or night skyboxes in maps, and your map has both. Night skyboxes make it very hard to see rocket jumping soldiers or demomen, and seeing that that's a key part of competitive TF2 I'd predict you'll get requests from competitive players to change the skybox. Snow apparently can result in low fps (although I've never experienced it myself), and also makes it hard to distinguish between players for colorblind players.

That's just my two cents. Maybe you'll want to talk to Scorpio or someone else with a lot of competitive mapping experience under their belt.

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Could this be a sneak peak of my HL2 puzzle mod? I think it might be.

5322c3ed96.jpg

And this crap puzzle which took me a weekend to make.

This is good, but i think the crate should be something different - my instinct is that that crate should break under that pressure.

Last edited by a moderator: