Jun 17, 2012
bLHR6rI.jpg

fQ0Wmg5.jpg

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
Apr 14, 2013
Just understand that you can't have spaces in your map filename since the linux servers will read space characters as entirely different characters and will throw "missing map" errors at the clients when they try to connect. Underscores don't show up anywhere in game at least.

And that you can't load a .bsp with spaces in it's name on windows as well.

Sheltr

L3: Member
Feb 24, 2011
12e87ea58c.jpg

Currently working on that torus shaped control-point which will have a missle located in the center of it.
(looks awful without textures I know :blushing: )

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm into that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On a serious note, have you considered adding 4 windows to the lower section and having the hologram inside, so you don't need to have 4 of them? And maybe instead of adding another hologram that goes on top, you add team-colored lights?

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
God damn it Berry, you've made autumnal the new Alpine. What do you have to say for yourself?

Swordfish, I know what you mean but man, to my eyes 4 control point holograms swinging round at once would be super distracting, your eye being drawn to patterns and so on. I dunno...

ProselyteCanti

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2014
3UjMDz4.jpg

Thought about this earlier. Kind of like bhop, except with trigger_push. Keeping afloat even at short distances might be a problem.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
12e87ea58c.jpg

Currently working on that torus shaped control-point which will have a missle located in the center of it.
(looks awful without textures I know :blushing: )

Ditch the four cylinders surrounding it, and put just one encircling it. Like the default control point has a cylinder as its base, only yours would be team coloured. Then you can see the hologram from every side and it'd be very readable.

Prime

L1: Registered
Nov 27, 2014
Some early alpha screens of my first jump map. Using this to teach me some of the things I will need to know to start making full blown maps. Please be gentle in your critiques :). Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks guys.

u7Q4rpY.jpg
[/IMG]
lv2uaKE.jpg
[/IMG]
Vjg25p6.jpg
[/IMG]
Us9fSRc.jpg

vwBP0BV.jpg

XJcx7W1.jpg

q9nb9dL.jpg

A6y8VOt.jpg

For those of you inclined, here is a link http://www.mediafire.com/download/74b15s52s1dtzux/jump_prime_a1.zip to download the actual map and test it out. I would love some input on the jumps and some ideas of how to detail the map a bit more.

Last edited: