Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
screen1.jpg

colacan

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 14, 2012
That metal plate on the roof feels weird, like it's about to fall of. I think it would look better on the other roof, which is not as steep.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
That metal plate on the roof feels weird, like it's about to fall of. I think it would look better on the other roof, which is not as steep.

Who's to say it's not nailed on? I think you're over thinking it.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Seriously? Now we argue about a completely insignificant detailing non-issue in a map that still has dev textures?

More WIP pics, less of ...whatever the hell this nonsense is.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Seriously? Now we argue about a completely insignificant detailing non-issue in a map that still has dev textures?

gosh so angry :3

Perhaps it's because there's literally nothing else in the picture to talk about!

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
Probably because if it were nailed on, it wouldn't be hanging off the roof?

It could be nailed on where it's touching the roof. But if someone were nailing a piece of sheet metal to a roof it'd be incredibly careless to have it hanging over the edge. It doesn't really matter, it's more does it make the building look better?

Mar 20, 2012
The only real reason I can see for it is if the particular region gets a lot of rainfall (which, considering its tropical setting, is quite plausible) and the sheet metal is a temporary solution to fix a water leak.

Anyways, I'd like to see more pictures of the actual point. It looks pretty flat/boring right now (perhaps I'm just used to the great vertical play that was displayed in Quarry).

Ptimz

L2: Junior Member
May 8, 2011
Very early WIP for an A/D cp map. I am not sure how many stages or points there will be and there aren't any spawnrooms.

A blue spawn:
0dMZu.jpg

uYDyf.jpg

Last (?)

de8Tb.jpg

xfdmP.jpg

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Tarry: as much as I like the geometry of B, it makes no sense imo. Why would a building with a metal roof be the same height as a concrete platform adjacent to it? I think that you should either separate the two somehow or make them one structure. Other than that, looks ballin', especially the second pic.

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
Crusoe is gonna be atoll_v2, but with the shit removed. Or at least mixed with Yyler's shit. 2 guys 1 map. Sorry, where was I? Oh, yes.

screengrab_20120910184804.jpg

Name it pl_crusoll.

I love making bad puns.