WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Nytillion

L1: Registered
Jun 29, 2012
I'm working on my first model for TF2, a misc and/or weapon for the pyro, which I have dubbed "The Military Grade."

JlvjI.png

Based on this:
M2Flamethrower.jpg

400px-M2_FlamethrowerWW.jpg

This is just a proof of concept model I threw together real fast, I'm going to redo a lot of it later on.

Before I get into that, I want to make sure it works. Can anyone point me to a really straightforward tutorial to get this working in item test? Most of what I've found are really good, but I can't seem to follow them for the life of me.

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Nobody in WW2 particularly wanted to be a person using a flamethrower because they were such volatile things that also made you a VIP target. But it would be interesting having a flamethrower that did fuck all DPS but couldn't be put out unless with a health pack or water. Like sticky flames or something like how a flamethrower actually works.

That's what i thought when i saw this item.

Too many of the alt's have been upgrades in base DPS as a resort to allow the pyro to deal more killing blows, i'd like to see a gun that swings the other way, that is a serious harass weapon.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
A flamethrower that can't be put out using health kits or mediguns would be interesting. Right now health packs and mediguns can put out fire but can't stop bleeding, when there's no good reason for it not to be the other way around, especially given how many new ways of putting out fire have been introduced since the game launched.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I wish afterburn was as useful as it was back in 2008. I miss those days when pyro was my main class.

Mar 23, 2010
dont get why valve decided to add all these anti-cloak and anti-afterburn (bleed, jarate, mad milk, etc..) weapons. then they are gonna introduce some "super afterburn" weapon like mangy said and then new weapons that counter it and so on.

Nytillion

Jun 29, 2012
Indeed it is. I can still manage to be a good pyro, though. I started learning how to set things on fire like a boss when I spontaneously started getting a ton of pyro hats and miscs from my crafting/drops. Figured I'd learn how to play my classiest class.

So yeah. Quickly redid some things this morning. I mostly adjusted the scale of everything.

YFwwf.png

Before I go about doing anything else, is there any feedback or ideas I can get on this?

Nytillion

Jun 29, 2012
Progress! First texture run through of it.

1zEnp.png

Again, feedback and ideas are very welcome.

And also, if anyone can tell me how or point me towards a good tutorial on how to implement it into the game, and set it to the backpack bodygroup?