VMTs: Weapon Skins

Texture VMTs: Weapon Skins 3.0

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
VMTs for all textures you can find on your skinned weapons. Some textures are not included, as they don't really work on brushes or aren't meant to appear on their own.
The textures are really big, mostly 2048x2048. Feel free to scale them down as much as you need. However, some are really small (usually gradients). You better scale those up!
In order to find the materials, type in the keyword field either "pattern", "skin", "paint" or "warpaint". The commonly used "tf" keyword will not work, simply because it would clutter usual work.
If you want to edit the reflection or other material properties, use the files patterns/patch_opaque01.vmt and patterns/patch_overlay01.vmt.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
jimijam

(can you make a gallery image of all of them please? even if they're all just thumbnails. (or better yet, drag them all into an imgur album or something)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
#JimiJam
CJG4SAvWsAAVeRU.jpg:large

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
It'd be cool to see the logos from these ripped off into overlays (might even do that myself in a bit):

xGwt14x.jpg

8om2Rd4.jpg

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I feel like given the varying levels of distress, it'd probably be better to make them from scratch. Then you can do it with vectors and make it as big as you want.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Spot the spycrab:

CzUJJmc.jpg

And something a bit more subtle- Spot the class icons:

PL2OpH1.jpg

Also, look for koth_jimijam coming out soon.

Last edited:

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
I feel like given the varying levels of distress, it'd probably be better to make them from scratch. Then you can do it with vectors and make it as big as you want.

What I was planning to do was just copy-paste them into a bitmap program in high res or a vector program and go over them again

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
With the new update TOUGH BREAK, new patterns have been released! Some of which have great potential for being used as an actual overlay. Good stuff.
However, the textures now have an actual file structure, so most of the material files I made don't work anymore. I will probably spend like a week updating this entire thing. This time I'm also gonna try to give the materials apropiate surfaceprops.
Also, there is a new material proxy that probably has been added in gun mettle already. It's called "WeaponSkin" and I don't think there's any information about it anywhere. I'm gonna try my best to see if it's usuably for anything other than actual skin weapons. Tests so far suggest "nope.avi".

Last edited:

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
Updated filepaths and added Tough Break textures (including overlays).
All materails now use the "Patch" material function. This means that allmost all parameters are in just 2 files. The actual material files themselfes only include "$basetexture" and "$surfaceprop".
This means that filesize is much lower than it could be (Using this method it's already 1 MB) and that it's much easier to change properties like reflection. The files are patterns/patch_opaque01.vmt and patterns/patch_overlay01.vmt.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
rcdgPR0.jpg

I'm fairly certain I installed correctly.